Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PatrickG Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Finding jobs in ireland with a conviction
    I live in ireland and I have a conviction in the misuse of drugs act. In other words I got convicted for dealing. I just want to know what kind of jobs(even with a degree) can I not apply for? And is psychiatric nursing, teaching and the guards out of the question?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 04:29 PM
    I think it depends on how serious the conviction, how much time was spent in prison, and how remorseful you are. I believe being honest and genuinely remorseful will work in your favour.

It isn't impossible to get on a straight and narrow road with convictions. Born and brought up in Glasgow, my father spent most of his life in and out of prison. He got the jobs, his problem was keeping them - he had a terrible temper.

Good luck.
    PatrickG Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Mar 14, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Well as remorseful as I may be I don't want to go to college and get a degree in a field I can't get a job in! The conviction is a serious one and I know I will never be able to be a teacher or social worker. But I'm wondering is there any other fields a convicted criminal cannot get a job in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Study abroad in Ireland? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone had used the NorthWest Student Exchange or the Youth for Understanding study abroad programs *esp. in Ireland* How did your stay go? Any complaints? PLEASE let me know because I am about to pick a program to study abroad in ireland with and I'm DESPERATE...

Reclaiming social acceptance after a felony domestic violence conviction [ 11 Answers ]

In 1998 I was convicted of "felony menacing with a deadly weapon" after losing my composure for a split second, during a very ugly separation in the state of Colorado. No one was injured, or touched in anyway during the commission of my crime. I served my time, completed counseling, psychotherapy,...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search