Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    partha_sri32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 12:18 AM
    Embryo without Heart Beat
    Hello,

My wife conceived and we have taken scan on 26.08.2012. Her LMP is 56 days, The embryo is 6 weeks and 3 days old and it is 5.9MM but there is no cardiac activity.

Is there any chance to get heart beat?

We are worried.

Please reply,

Regards,
    Partha.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by partha_sri32 View Post
    Hello,

My wife conceived and we have taken scan on 26.08.2012. Her LMP is 56 days, The embryo is 6 weeks and 3 days old and it is 5.9MM but there is no cardiac activity.

Is there any chance to get heart beat?

We are worried.

Please reply,

Regards,
    Partha.

Your wife should be talking to her Physician, not seeking information on the Internet.

What did/does the Doctor say?
    partha_sri32 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
    Doctor said minimal chance but we want to take another scan in couple of days.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
    5.9mm seems tiny for 45 days? (No - I guess that is about right... but isn't it too soon to HEAR the heartbeat on ultrasound?)
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2012, 12:17 AM
    I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks 3 days, had my first ultrasound that day as well, my son's heart had a very strong heartbeat, I think by six weeks the embryo should have a beating heart, from what I've read I believe a heart beat starts between 4-6. I am very sorry and deeply wish the best for you and your wife!
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2012, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    5.9mm seems tiny for 45 days? (No - I guess that is about right... but isn't it too soon to HEAR the heartbeat on ultrasound?)
    I don't actually remember if I heard my sons or not when I found out, but you can definitely see the flicker at 6 weeks. (I found out at 6w3d as well)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:27 AM
    If the doctor said minimal chance, then we shouldn't get their hopes up. With a lot of change in the head being not so curled over the chest between days 44 and 54, another ultrasound soon does make sense.
    My heart goes out to you if the embryo is lost.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 06:20 AM
    It all really depends on if it was an abdominal ultrasound or a transvaginal ultrasound.

I can't give appropriate advice until I know how the ultrasound was done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fast heart beat [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I need an answer quick! When does a heart rate for a 16yr old femal weighing 130lb become a cause for an ER visit?

Heart beat/stomach [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to feel your heart beat in your stomach?

8 weeks no heart beat [ 4 Answers ]

Good Morning!! In June I had a missed miscarriage(empty sac). After that I did not get my period. On Sept 26 I had negative pregnancy test and Oct 6 positive pregnancy test. Yesterday 3rd November(4 weeks since I found out I was pregnant) I had a vaginal scan. Sac and embryo(measures 6mm) were...

Every Beat of your heart. [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a coffee shop today and I heard this song on the radio... it was a little low but I got a little bit of it. I'm pretty sure it was an acoustic version of the song because that is all they play in there, but there was one guy singer, and I clearly remember him singing in the song "cuz with...

Heart beat in back [ 5 Answers ]

I am feeling a strange heart beat in my back when I lay down or sit. Should I be concerned? It has been going on for about 2 weeks. I have no back pain. It is just driving me crazy!

View more questions Search