Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginnyandjosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Pvc tile for use on cement
    Is pvc the best tile to use on cement basement floor?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
    It will be cold to the touch as would ceramic or porcelain tile. Before you think of tiling you need to test the floor for moisture. Take a piece of clear plastic sheeting about 12x12 and tape it to the floor with duct tape. Let it sit over a few nights and check to see if there is condensation on the underside of the plastic. If there is condensation tiling is not a good choice at all. I have installed some sub-flooring material that works well in moisture situations. It is a thick bubble wrap like material with OSB attached on the top. The bubble wrap gives moisture a place to go and to evaporate. The OSB gives a good surface for laminates, carpet or even tile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to buy oatey abs/pvc transition cement (green)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if any of the big box stores or another national chain carry the oatey abs/pvc green transition cement? Thanks

Cutting Out Cement [ 1 Answers ]

MJBreakey New Member Join Date: Oct 2006 Posts: 0 Moving a drain -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I need to move my roughed-in Toilet drain in my basement floor. The house was built in 1978. I was reading your responses to others...

Broken PVC closet collar, cement floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Any ideas to simplify getting the broken PVC flange off the PVC pipe... I have broken off the collar portion, can see the joint, was primed & glued as supposed to be... collar is insert style. I have made 5 cuts with hacksaw through the collar stem, tried to force a wedge (screwdriver)...

Now What--PVC cement on ABS [ 1 Answers ]

Used PVC cement on black (ABS?) pipe on a trailer while gluing in a Drain Master flange. Cement is P-8 Nutone PVC Cement (ASTM D-2564). Joint looked good put didn't stress it. Will it hold? If not, what now? (just another example of gaining 'experience' by doing stupid things--great fun...

View more questions Search