Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Burtcamp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
    How do I find someone when you only know her maiden name?
    I am looking for Barbara La Prade who was an old girl friend of mind.Hope I spelled her last name correct.
    She lived in Pawtucket RI. In 1965 , I think her street address was Appleton ST or Ave in Pawtucket RI. She was either going to RIC or she recently graduated from RIC . She was to be a teacher.

She live with her mother at the time.Her mother was divorced.

If any one is a graduated of RIC in Rhode Island they could get access to the classes year books that show the graduates between 1960 and 1966. I am sure she did graduate in one of those years.Her ancestry was a mix of Polish & French. She had blonde hair.
    She would now be in her late 60's or early 70's

I would love to make contact her to see how things went for her, etc
    If any one can help, I would appreciate it
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtcamp View Post
    I am looking for Barbara La Prade who was an old girl friend of mind.Hope I spelled her last name correct.
    She lived in Pawtucket RI. In 1965 , I think her street address was Appleton ST or Ave in Pawtucket RI. She was either going to RIC or she recently graduated from RIC . She was to be a teacher.

She live with her mother at the time.Her mother was divorced.

If any one is a graduated of RIC in Rhode Island they could get access to the classes year books that show the graduates between 1960 and 1966. I am sure she did graduate in one of those years.Her ancestry was a mix of Polish & French. She had blonde hair.
    She would now be in her late 60's or early 70's

I would love to make contact her to see how things went for her, etc
    If any one can help, I would appreciate it

Your best bet is an alumnae association.

You don't remember her correct last name or when she graduated?

I find no one with that maiden name?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 25, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Many high schools have links on their websites to their alumni associations. See if that helps. Classmates and other websites of that type might be a good place to start, too.

Aug 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
    RIC is short for Rhode Island College www.ric.edu/

I can't get access to the alumnae association because I am not a graduate of RIC

I tried. I need to find some who is a graduate . I pretty sure her last name La Prade. She would be in one of the books in the early 60's
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
    RIC is short for Rhode Island College Rhode Island College

I can't get access to the alumnae association because I am not a graduate of RIC

I tried. I need to find some who is a graduate . I pretty sure her last name La Prade. She would be in one of the books in the early 60's

Did she have siblings? What were their names?

EDIT: Is it possible that you have her age wrong and she's actually 78 years of age?

If she graduated from College in the early '60's, that would be the right age.

If so - I think I found her.

Aug 29, 2012, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Did she have siblings? What were their names?

EDIT: Is it possible that you have her age wrong and she's actually 78 years of age?

If she graduated from College in the early '60's, that would be the right age.

If so - I think I found her.
    Hi She didn't have any brothers or sisters. She would have been 21 or 22 when she graduated from college, My best guess is that she graduated in 1964 from RIc. If you add 48 years to get to 2012, or 21 plus 48, she would 69 or 70. I think she went to Mt Pleasant high school in Providence, Rhode Island. I am not sure that was her high school, but that is my best recollection. I met her when she was 17 and dated her on and off until 1966.
    I am guessing she got married after 1966. She must have gotten a teaching position too. I wish I could find her married named. I think my best bet is to find someone who has access to RIC alumni records. They told me I needed to be a graduate of RIC to get access.
    I really appreciate your help. I just want to say hi to her again and see how she made out. I didn't say goodbye when I left Rhode Island.Burt
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Hi She didn't have any brothers or sisters. She would have been 21 or 22 when she graduated from college, My best guess is that she graduated in 1964 from RIc. If you add 48 years to get to 2012, or 21 plus 48, she would 69 or 70. I think she went to Mt Pleasant high school in Providence, Rhode Island. I am not sure that was her high school, but that is my best recollection. I met her when she was 17 and dated her on and off until 1966.
    I am guessing she got married after 1966. She must have gotten a teaching position too. I wish I could find her married named. I think my best bet to find someone who has access to RIC alumni records. They told me I needed to be a graduate of RIC to get access.
    I really appreciate your help. I just want to say hi to her again and see how she made out. I didn't say goodbye when i left Rhode Island.Burt

I find that as a maiden name but, again, the age is wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find someone by their maiden name [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for Margaret Robinson from Toronto around 1960, went to Central Technical school, lived on Dovercourt road.

How do I find someone when I only know her maiden name? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to a very good friend from my past, about 43 years ago. She lived in Bristol, RI at the time. Somehow I think she is married and living in Florida. Her maiden name was Mary jo Carreiro. I have been thinking of ways to try and find her for sometime now.

I am trying to find my cousins but have only their maiden name. [ 2 Answers ]

My mother was killed in a car accident in 1975. Her sister had two daughters, my first cousins, that I lost touch with many years ago. Everyone in my family has passed away except them (I hope) and I would like to reconnect, if they would like to. I know very little about my mother's side of the...

How to find someone by maiden name [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find someone by her maiden name in Alabama ?

Find by maiden name [ 3 Answers ]

How would you find a person by there maiden name on the internet without having to pay for it?

View more questions Search