Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    griffeyjr17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Journal Entry
    How do I record the journal entry "Record the weekly deposit of 6,992.10 in the checkbook"? And what journal would I record it in?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Wouldn't this be accounts receivable. You pay it out with your receipted checkbook, then you have make a journal entry in your balance sheet. I am not good at accounting, but this sounds right.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 02:06 PM
    It sounds to me that you are taking cash on hand in depositing it in the bank.

You really don't need a JE, unless you have 2 separate cash accounts... cash on hand and cash in bank.

Dr. Cash in Bank 6,992.10
    Cr. Cash on Hand 6,992.10

In terms of your cheque book, add the 6,992.10 to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

How do I record this entry: Receipt for services performed to date and not previously billed: $7000

Journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to write the journal entry for this? Transaction occurred on April 1, 20X5: Paid the $16,000 note and all interest accrued to date. The company had borrowed the $16,000 on October 1, 20X4. Interest accrued on the note at a rate of 10% annually.

Journal Entry [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this journal entry: Borrowed $15,000 from the bank by issuing a 12-month note. Interest accrues on the note at the rate of 12% annually, or 1% per month. Interest is to be paid when the note is due next year.

Journal Entry 2 [ 4 Answers ]

Here's another one I would like you to please check for me. By the way, thank you for the first answer. The second question reads like this? On Nov 1, the company signed a contract, effective immediately, with Boone County Hospital to dry clean, for a fixed monthly charge of $200, the uniforms...

View more questions Search