Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dancingdobes Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Equity in automobile
    How do I find out how much equity I have in my automobile. It is currently being financed and I want to know how much equity is in it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Try kbb.com or edmund's.com. You should be able to get an approximate value of the car. Then subtract your prinicpal balance and you have your equity.

Do not be surprised, however, if you don't have any or it's a negative amount. A car loses a lot of its value early on. So it takes a long time to build equity in a car if you ever do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Please do not use PMs for follow-up questions.

You can use either the private or retail values. Private refers to the value in a private sales. Retail is dealer value. Trade In is what you can expect from a dealer when you trade in for a new vehicle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a minor purchase an automobile [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 17 and is purchasing his first car and paying cash. Can it be titled in his name?

Automobile [ 2 Answers ]

My 1989 Ford F-150 2wheel Drive 4.9 liter engine, standard transmission truck is not charging my battery correctly even with a new alternator,when the battery is fully charged it runs beautifully, and starts up without a problem, after I drive it for awhile and shut it off, and try starting it...

Company automobile [ 3 Answers ]

If an owner of a LLC purchases a car and wants to count off the car expense on taxes, do you have to record the purchase price of the car. The company is paying the monthly payment but did not invest in the initial purchase. My question comes from posting the car payment. You have principal and...

View more questions Search