Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaredmease Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 06:42 AM
    My dog was throwing up foam and now will not eat or drink
    Hello. I just got a Min Pin a week ago (7 years old, no idea if she has had any shots and the previous owners said she had a cough her whole life ) and for the first few days, she was the perfect dog. Then the third day she peed on the floor. I thought it was because I did not take her out in the evening to do her business. Then 3 days ago she threw up about 15 times all over my house ( a white foamy slimy yellow substance ) and pooped two huge poops one in each room (I have never seen her poop this much). She was eating fine and we would go on about at least a 30 minute walk 2 times a day. I researched the internet and I took some advice that she should go without food for 24 hours, drink plenty of water and hope that whatever may be stuck in her intestines will be passed. I am with her 24 hours a day as I work from home, she was drinking fine and her cough even seemed to go away. The only unusual thing I noticed is that 4 days ago she drank some water that contained manure. Now and since yesterday she will not eat or drink anything, she's very lethargic and yesterday when we went on a walk, she was not up to her active exciting self. She was slow on her morning walk yesterday (I thought the walk would boost her appetite, it didn't ) and she wouldn't even go on a walk last night. She barely walks now and spends most of her time resting peacefully.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2012, 08:32 AM
    Hmm.. a dog that coughs all the time, all of its life.. Sounds like collapsing trachea to me. A good way to see if it is, is to go to the vet and have an x-ray done. Small dogs are very prone to it.

As far as her vomiting. You need to take her to the vet. At home treatments aren't always the best. Keeping her off feed for 24 hours is only taking away the fact she is vomiting up food. She is still nauseous. Keeping her off feed and just allowing water won't make her pass any type of obstruction.. it'll just make the symptom of vomiting go away :)

Your dog needs a vet.. today. Please take her in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog throwing up white foam? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is Amber, I have an 8 month old Australian Sherpherd. 2 weeks ago I had to take him to the vet because he threw up 4 times in the matter of a few hours, he could not keep any food down but was able to keep water down OK. The vet when I took him in said he looked OK after looking him...

My dog is throwing up white foam and not eating [ 1 Answers ]

My dogg is 5 months old a female dogg three days she haven't ate she vomits white foam and is losing weight

Dog throwing up, won't stop drink water? [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is a Curly Coated Retriever and is 7 years old. He has been throwing up all day. Most of the throw up has had some yellow in it, but other then that it was clear. He has been acting very sluggish and both his ears are really red, but don't seem infected. He won't eat anything not even his...

My dog threw up white foam and she won't eat or move around and she is hiding [ 2 Answers ]

My dog wouldn't come when I called her inside so I had to go get her she wouldn't eat all she wants to do is lay there now she is hiding under the bed what ahould I do?

Dog won't eat and throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog Ginger is 10 years old, She is a golden retriever . We took her to her yearly checkup and they found out she lost 20 lbs. So they took x-rays and they found she had a enlarged heart and spleen. But they took blood and found nothing wrong. But we gave her some of that canned dog food that...

View more questions Search