Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngmarkus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 08:33 PM
    88 Honda CRX Rough Idle
    My CRX idles extremely rough. Also I am sure that the timing is off but have no idea how to adjust it. Can anyone help?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 08:40 PM
    This should help you check your ignition timing:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219963

Make sure your spark plugs (NGK only) don't have more than 20,000 miles on them. If you haven't changed the rotor, distributor cap, and spark plug wires recently, I would do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic rough idle & stalling [ 42 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Honda Civic, with approx. 77k miles, that recently has started idling very low. It doesn't happen all of the time, but often, when I'm coming to a stop, the car shakes violently and I can see that the idle is very low. This has been occurring for the past 2 months. When it first...

95 Civic,Rough idle [ 6 Answers ]

We have a 1995 Honda Civic with a strange problem. It will run great for awhile and then it will start to jerk while cruising. When it comes to a stop light, the idle will be very rough. It almost seems like the car is not getting enough gas.It wasn't doing it consistently enough to bring it to...

2000 Honda Civic Rough Idle [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Honda Civic. Recently it started idling rough and low. I also have started to notice that it lacks power and surges when it is in overdrive. It runs great and still gets about 29 mpg other than that. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

View more questions Search