Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdlima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Two switches (two separate lights) with continuous feed to garage door
    How do I wire the three wires so that the garage has continuous power. I thought I had duplicated the wiring when I replaced the switches but those switches were 40 years old and these are obviously much younger , so not quite the same. The lights work but not the garage door. (A diagram would be great!).

And I was told there was no need to hook the ground wires to the green screw - they are already crimped together.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to separate 3 lights from one switch to two switches [ 5 Answers ]

I currently have one switch that controls 3 lights (2 exterior and 1 interior). I would like to have the exterior lights on one switch and the interior lights on a separate switch. Inside the switch box, there are 3 electrical lines - 2 with white & black, 1 with red, white and black. All...

Two lights, two switches, single feed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm planning on rewiring a non-working porch light. The inside switch for this light is in a two gang box with a switch for a kitchen light. I'd like to rig the porch light on a three way switch (so the porch light can be controlled from both inside and outside) to a hot lead that is also...

How to wire 3 separate lights to 3 separate switches in series circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am running wire from the circuit panel to the ceiling in the kitchen, then to a switch, back to the kitchen ceiling light. I am using the same circuit to the same thing for the dining room light with a switch, and a light on my deck also with its own switch. The switch in the dining room and the...

Wiring multiple lights with separate switches [ 7 Answers ]

I am adding lights to my barn and have run ac to each light . I want to have a separate switch for each light and be able to use any or all at any time. Can you give me a diagram.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.