Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babiik382 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Dry Skin!
    My skin is SO dry. I can put moisturizer and moisturizer and it will never be moisturized, it always is very dry and flaky. Plus, I have a pale and uneven complexion so I like to wear foundation to even it out. I can never find a good foundation that will work well with my dry skin. It always flakes after I put on the foundation. For someone with dry skin, what moisturizer would you recommend and what type of foundation (powder, liquid, or mousse) along with the brand would be recommended?

Thank you!
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Mar 6, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Smear Honey On Your Face And Leave It On For About 30 Minutes. Then Wash Off With Warm Water Followed By Cool! Has To Be Pure Honey. Works Wonders For Dry Skin! Trust Me - Just Try It... make Sure Your Not Allergic - If You're Not, You've Got Nothing To Lose! Research It On Google! You'll Find Many Benefits Of Honey!
    X
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Have you ruled out psoriasis? If you have that you can use products specifically to the condition.
    babiik382 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Well my brother has a severe case of psoriasis that covers his whole body, while my grandmother, mother and myself all have it minorly on our scalps. And since it's in the family, that's probably why I always have dry skin. I just wish my skin would be soft =(
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Well, if you have a family history of psoriasis and have it on your scalp, you must realize that using products that are not for psoriasis can actually make it worse. Winter is the worst time of year for psoriasis. Reduce stress, cut back or eliminate alcohol and see a doctor for appropriate treatment! In the meantime, you could try coal tar shampoos and medicated ointments made specifically for psoriasis such as Mazon cream.

My guess is that you have a form of psoriasis, but you would need to see a dermatologist to be sure.

Didi
    pinkviolet Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Eat fresh fruits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry sensitive skin.. Help! [ 10 Answers ]

I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)

Extremely Dry Skin [ 3 Answers ]

Ever since I was little I have been plagued with severe dry skin. Everyday after showering, I have to apply lotion or my skin gets so dry it will literally crack open and bleed, it looks a lot like the dry cracked up ground in a desert. During the summer, its not so bad and I have found a lotion...

Icky, dry skin? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, quick question. On weekdays, when I take a shower early in the morning, sometimes I get out and my skin feels incredibly dry and just gross. Lotions or anything don't do anything at all. But when I shower on weekends at a different time, I'm fine. I can't stand skipping a day without a...

Dry Skin Problem! [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody has dry skin problem? Here's a good site to visit http://www.dry-skin-care-guide.com

Dry Skin [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older female Dachsund and her skin tends to get extremely dry. What product would work to help keep her skin normal or what product should she take to help this problem. :)

View more questions Search