Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RM Kuchta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2012, 07:11 AM
    What is the load demand for a 2 lamp ballast
    How many watts does a fluorescent ballast draw to figure the total load of a fixture that has 2 lamps.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Find the datasheet for the make and model number of the ballast and lamps you want to use, it will be listed there.

Each ballast and lamp combination is different.
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Aug 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Do you already have the fixtures? If so what is the ballast part #? At a minimum what type of lamps, T8, T5, and how long are they?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a three lamp ballast be run with only one fluorescent bulb? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a system of linear, fluorescent lights that use three bulb ballasts (we believe these are from the late 1970s). Three bulbs is way too bright for our needs, and I understand that we can't simply sub out the 15W bulbs because they must match the ballast. We have attempted to run the lights...

Can I run a 2 lamp fixture with a 4 lamp ballast? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought some Lithonia fixtres from HD with GESB electronic ballasts. They don't Physically hum but do cause a lot of interference with FM reception. Since I do a lot Of FM tuner alignments, these were unacceptable. I phoned Lithonia (actually Accupro - the 1-800 number is right on the...

Can you run a 250w hps lamp in a fitting with a 400w ballast [ 1 Answers ]

Can you run a 250w hps lamp in a fitting with a 400w ballast

Fluorescent lamp vs ballast [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fluorescent ceiling fixture with two circular lamps and two separate ballasts. One of the lamps is not longer lighting. Is there any way to determine which element (lamp or ballast) is defective? I have used a continuity tester to check out incandescent lamps but am not sure how to do...

View more questions Search