Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reang Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 02:46 PM
    What do you think causes Macbeth to kill Duncan?
    I'm doing an essay on it and my teacher says that my essay is two dimensional and lacks insight.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 02:50 PM
    You probably will not like this answer but here goes. Your teacher is trying to get you to think more and look for the answer. Look for doesn't mean surveying us. You need to reread some passages and maybe have a discussion with classmates.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Macbeth, and Lady Macbeth, kill Duncan, in order for the Three Witches prophesy come true. Remember, the Witches called him not only "Thane of Glamis", "Thane of Cawdor" but tell him he will be "King hereafter". That was far too appealing to Macbeth, especially to Lady Macbeth. A real social climber, she was.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
    I thought that it was a BIG knife ;)
    Reang Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Yea I wrote an essay on how it was Macbeth's ambition and not the witches or his wife. I just want an idea of where I should go next. My teacher said I should consider other factors, like what's really going on in Macbeth's head, but I'm not really sure what she means...
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Did you read ALL of Macbeth? He had so many thoughts running through his head. What was right, what was wrong, how he could get away with things, etc. The Witches played an integral role in the play - do not negeate them.

Keep reading - start from the beginning if you have to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do not Murder vs Do not kill. [ 11 Answers ]

I was asked recently about Exodus 20:13 at another forum and promised to consider the matter here in order to keep the other thread on topic. Why is one preferable to the other and is it OK to translate the word involved as murder? I looked up the word in the Hebrew lexicon and it turns out that...

My cat is trying to kill me [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what happened, but last night, my loving cat that's about 4 1/2 years old now went crazy. My wife and I had to go to the emergency room shortly afterwards. The cat went nuts, just straight out attacking us... We did nothing towards her to provoke this and she will not give up the...

If Looks Could Kill [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this movie with Richard Grieco on DVD? On mailorder if possible. Thanks :)

To kill a mocking bird [ 0 Answers ]

I need to find a web site for the novel "to kill a mocking bird" that anables you to plot the story line onto a circle and then print it out, and I can't remember the addy for it

To Kill A Mockingbird [ 1 Answers ]

As groups, I've been assigned to do a themes wrap up timeline, our group has everything under control and complete, except there is one thing we're stumped on and would appreciate any help with. The final part to the assignment, is to find a Visual representation that comments on Morality and the...

View more questions Search