Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cool Team Services Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Condensate line cleaning
    I have to clean out a 3/4" condensate line on a 3 story building. There are 2-90 degree elbows and then a straight run of 30".
    Is there a snake or tubing jet that I can use to clean out.
    Jim
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Condensate lines build up lint and fuzz like junk. Have you tried a pressurized stream of water yet. It should be easier than a plugged sewer drain.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Be careful with the pressure, some ac guys do not glue their fittings. Bleach once or twice a month will stop the clogs.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I use a blast of compressed air from a fire extinguisher I modified for this very purpose a number of years ago.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 08:04 AM
    Careful with the fire extingisher idea. It has way too much pressure for some applications and a lot depends on what the extingisher is filled with. The yellow ABC powder would be a very, very bad experience.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Careful with the fire extingisher idea. It has way too much pressure for some applications and a lot depends on what the extingisher is filled with. The yellow ABC powder would be a very, very bad experience.
    It's filled with air -- Hence my use of the word "modified".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C condensate drain clogged [ 6 Answers ]

Our basement floor was flooded and water was pouring out of our 1 year old A/C unit in the basement(house is 20 years old but we just replaced the A/C unit last year). We tested the drain line and it seems to be clogged. :eek: The AC condensate drains into a closed system of a black rubber tube...

Freezing condensate line [ 1 Answers ]

A 95 % high eff furnace was installed in my attic and the condensation line , which was routed out side is freezing after it exits the home. Any options other than replacing unit w 80%

Condensate drain overflows [ 2 Answers ]

The condensate drain from my HVAC runs from the unit in the attic down a wall and T's into a lavatory sink drain above the trap. The lavatory sink has no overflow drain hole. If the sink drain is closed (soaking some clothes), the drain line appears to vapor lock and back up and overflow out the...

AC condensate/humidifier runoff [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any code restrictions on draining AC condensate and humidifier run off? Generally, I see the drain pipe run to floor drain which is connected to the city sewer. In my case the floor drain is on the other side of the basement so I ran the drain to the sump pump which obviously pumps to...

Ceiling Condensate (basement) [ 6 Answers ]

Our front porch, which was laid with metal sheathing and then poured with concrete is the partial ceiling of a room in our basement. The ceiling of that room below in the basement is forming droplets of water and is now dripping on to the floor. What can we do to resolve the condensation problem? ...

View more questions Search