Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
    Another accident
    My daughter (8 years) had another bathroom accident last night. And this morning, feels sick, (stomach ache, headache, general groggy feeling)
    And stayed home from school (partly because she feels sick, but also because she was up last night at 1am because of the bathroom accident)

Is it common for children to have bathroom accidents when they are sick? It seems that every time she has a bathroom accident, she is sick the next day. She has an accident maybe, every 3 months on average. And she is sick EVERY single time.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Does she eat something that doesn't agree with her the day before, such as milk products? My dad figured out (after many bathroom visits) he was lactose intolerant so could never eat foods containing whipped cream or cream cheese. She may have an allergy to a certain food that she doesn't eat very often but it sets her off.

Can you remember any commonalities among all those times? (Play detective!)
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
    Not that I am aware of. She is on casein free.

BUT she started school! Wednesday was her first day.

And she is only 8. I'm going to go upstairs to her room and ask her about the milks at school. And what she had for breakfast.

UGH. The school year started too fast! I didn't even think to get all that set up for her.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Could this have been nerves about school?

She may have a very delicate digestive system and emotions affect that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Do you make a big deal out of the accident ?

Kids may have a "accident" for years, to 10, 11 or 12.

Normally you just change the sheets, and put them back to bed, no need to have anyone staying up late. No need to talk about it, worry about it or do anything that makes the child feel like they may have to be sick to justify the accident.

Most likely, my guess, the sickness is from stress and worry about the accdient
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Oh no way. I never make a big deal about it. And we have a spare room with a roll away bed that she asked to climb into and I'm washing the sheets this morning. She came down and said 'i peed the bed' and I just said 'are you OK? Do you want me to change the sheets?" and she said 'i want to sleep in my play room' so she just went in there.

I didn't even think about that though chuck. And even more, this is only the 3rd day of school. Even if the kids wouldn't even know she had an accident, I certainly wouldn't want to face my 3rd grade class knowing I had peed in my bed the night before.

And she told me she had juice at school yesterday, so no milk.

I would be 100 bucks that chuck hit the nail on the head.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Kids worry about everything, much more than we think.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
    OK so I'm a dumbass. It seems to me that the bed wetting is a symptom of the cause, rather than the cause.

I just got back from her room and we talked. And I asked her if anything was bothering her. And after talking for a good 10 minutes, I finally realized that she has been dealing with A LOT.
    And thank god for her anti anxiety medication. Because she is handling it so well.

Over just the last 2 weeks, she has started a new ballet class, which she has been waiting to do most of her life, and with excitement comes anxiety. Then school started this week. And over the last few weeks, we have started our search for a home to buy, and I wanted her to be part of the decision of which house we want. Getting her input and opinion and such you know? And I also found out that 2 of her friends are moving away as well soon.

That is A LOT for an 8 year old to deal with. Then add her anxiety, and the fact that she has never responded well to change...

I feel like a dope.

Thanks for talking this out with me guys.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2012, 01:08 PM
    With all that on my plate, I'd be wetting my bed too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident [ 5 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident where the other person was making an illegal you turn. She decided to do this from the outside lane just after a median where it shows a no you turn sign. I ended hitting the car on the drivers side. Now I have no insurance due to the insurance company cancelling my...

I had an accident [ 0 Answers ]

I had an accident and when I called the police they said exchange you details and your insurance will tell you who's fault was. The accident happened on the hight was of speed limit 50, I was on the left hand line on 48 mph and in-front of me was a car, I tried to overtake it and behind me was a...

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Accident in Tx [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently involved in a car accident near Austin, TX. I was driving a rental car returning to a hotel on a windy road and in the dark. Speed was approximately 25 mph for both cars (estimate). As I rounded a corner I saw lights coming from the other direction and corrected to the right,...

View more questions Search