Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mani14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Which treatment option?
    Since you have told me to send this masage under Alternative medicine section. That's why sending you the same question. Kindly excuse me if there is any other mistake.
    My brother had a pain in his leg since his childhood at that time we did not take it as seriously and just go through with the pain killers or some massage etc. But recently we came to know that he is suffering from Ankylosing Spondylities. And also have hip joint problem.
    His is also patient of dipression. First time it occur in July2006( after knowing that he has to take surgery) and then we go through with homeopathic medicine and he got a high relax but still he he used to get dipressed and usually do the unusual thing.
    We have taken all mode of tratment
    Allopathic - which includes pain killers most of the time.
    Homeopathic - whichich includes Bryonia, Rhusthox, silecea, Acid floor (it was all very less affective to him)
    Ayurvedic - It was just a steriod for 4-5yrs (he got a high relax)
    He had also taken full couse treatment of T.B. nearluy 8-10yrs back

Ouesoes there any side effect of these medicine?

Orthopedic surgeon had suggested that we had to go through with hip joint surgery as the gap b/w hip joint that should be about 2mm is about to be finished.
    He also told us that AS is a some type of infectious disease so if we don't do the surgery then the motion will be difficult and if the motion willl not happen then the infection could be more spread to any other part of body and this infectionm causes inflmmation.

Ques: How urgent is surgery for him?Tell me, Will it be really beneficial.
    Ques: If we go through the surgery how long it will work? WHAT TYPE OF SURGERY WOULD IT BE MAJOR/MINOR.
    Ques: Since he is too weak so surgery could be done at this stage or not?

HOMEOPATHIC DOCTOR
    A homeopathic doctor named Dr. Subhash C.Sharma DMS.(Cal.), D.T.Sc.(Naihati), H.R.C degree holder. He is really confident that at this stage he could give him a nice affect.
    My brother is under his treatment for 3 months and now he is again asking for more 2-3 months for his better stage.
    Ques: tell me is it true that he can really do something for him?
    Ques: All such a degree that this Dr. have is sufficient for this (AS) disease?
    Ques: If you feel he could not do such a case for us so what type of question should we ask to him
    As I already told you he is really so much confident but still we did not get our desire result.

Mar 6, 2007, 07:36 AM
    First, let's start with the Ankylosing Spondylitis. It is not necessarily an infectious disease per se, but rather a systemic rheumatic disease. It can affect particular areas of the body including but not limited to the spine, hips and many other areas of the body. It is an inflammatory disease that over time can "cement" or fuse certain joints of the body. I am guessing this is what is happening to your brother.

For lack of a better word, it is a form of arthritis.

It would most likely be in your brother's best interest to have the joint replaced. Replacements last for 10+ years this day in age.

This is a great website that might help you understand the cause and treatment of AS.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the herbal remidies that your brother has been taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani14
    Homeopathic - whichich includes Bryonia, Rhusthox, silecea, Acid floor
    But see here Bryonia, Rhusthox (Rhus tox), The other two I could not find very good info on. Maybe someone else will find it.

He also told us that AS is a some type of infectious disease so if we dont do the surgery then the motion will be difficult and if the motion willl not happen then the infection could be more spread to any other part of body and this infectionm causes inflmmation.
    Please read above. It is not infectious, but rather inflammatory. Infectious would mean that he can spread it to others by some form of contact. AS cannot be spread by contact.

Ques: How urgent is surgery for him?Tell me, Will it be really beneficial.
    Only your brother's doctor knows how truly urgent this surgery is. It may be good for him to get a second opinion. When considering surgeries of this magnitude it is ALWAYS best to get a second opinion.

Will it be beneficial? That is something that will also have to be asked of the physician. Without knowing your brother's full medical history and without being able to do a complete physical, including x-rays and blood panels, this question cannot be answered accurately over the internet.

Ques: If we go through the surgery how long it will work? wHAT TYPE OF SURGERY WOULD IT BE MAJOR/MINOR.
    Well, prosthesis this day in age last 10+ years. Any surgery is major. Whenever a person is put to sleep for any surgery whatsoever, even something as small as a tooth extraction, it is considered major surgery since there are risks involved with all surgeries.

Ques: Since he is too weak so surgery could be done at this stage or not?
    This is another question that should be asked of the physician. We cannot answer this accurately because we cannot observe your brother, nor can we see what his blood tests reveal.

HOMEOPATHIC DOCTOR
    A homeopathic doctor named Dr. Subhash C.Sharma DMS.(Cal.), D.T.Sc.(Naihati), H.R.C degree holder. He is really confident that at this stage he could give him a nice affect.
    My brother is under his treatment for 3 months and now he is again asking for more 2-3 months for his better stage.
    I am in the United States and am not familiar with this doctor. As stated above, whenever undergoing any surgery it is advisable to get a second opinion. In this case I would suggest an Orthopedic Surgeon.
    Ques: tell me is it true that he can really do something for him?
    Again, I don't know the doctor, so I cannot say whether he can or cannot do something for your brother.
    Ques: All such a degree that this Dr. have is sufficient for this (AS) disease?
    I would be more comfortable with an orthopedic surgeon as orthopedic surgeons deal with bones, bone disorders, and joint replacements. That is their job. Bones are what they specialize in and this is the problem your brother is having.

as i already told you he is really so much confident but still we didnot get our desire result.
    Again, time for a second opinion.

Mar 8, 2007, 01:45 AM
    What type of precaution should we taken in order to escape from the cementing or fusion of his bone, besides exercise?
    What should be eaten to him, that would be beneficial? And what should be avoided?
    Can he live his normal life? Well, marriage is possible for him or not?
    Is there any harm to his life?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Exercise is really all you can do. This is a degerative disease, meaning that it progresses naturally and with age. So there is not much you can do besides have the surgery.

He should eat a healthy diet. I don't know where you are, but here in the states that would be fresh fruits and vegetables, chicken, fish and little red meat. A healthy diet is essential for everyone.

Can he have a normal life? Well, again this is something that you would need to discuss with his doctor. He should be on pain meds. Herbal treatments rarely work for a conditions such as this.

Can he get married? I don't see why not.

Is there any harm to his life? Not unless he does not take care of himself. However, I don't know the extent of his disease, so again he needs to talk to his doctor.

You also don't mention his age. This is important.

Apr 4, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Thanks for your opinion Kindly go through my this statement too.

Rigth now, he is 27 years old.These days he can walk with the help of sticks with a bent posture.

We do live in North India(Delhi), You do tell me the food accordingly. What he should eat or avoid?

There is a one more problem for him It is like that he could not sleep continuosly (maximum 2 hours,rarely) and usually this happens that he seems to be like he is
    Sleeping but his body is in active mood and his body do some unusual things which should not happpen, and at the other time he do feel like that his body is in rest but he is not sleeping.

Ques: Rigth now he is taking Indocap 75mg, and Dexona 0.5mg, You just tell me are these medicine fare for him or not?

Ques: And clarify me the affects of Dexona?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Unfortuantely we do not use those drugs here in America, so I have no knowledge of them. Unless you mean Dexon instead of "Dexona."

If you mean Dexon, it is a steriod. It aids is reducing inflammation.

Now as far as if these meds are good for him... I don't know. As I haver previously stated, I do not know his medical records and have not examined him. I would love to, but for ethical, moral, and legal reasons cannot give any more info that what I have already given regarding his condition.

If you have concerns, maybe you could accompany him to the doctor with your questions. Or, as I have suggested before, get a second opinion from another doctor.

Apr 15, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Hello Sir,
    Actually I'm here again to ask something about my brother who is suffering fron ankylosing spondylitis. Actually these days he is in much better condition. But unfortunately his posture has been bent somewhat, even he had been taken physiothrapy. Will he get a ride from this condition as, right now it is the major problem for him. Please advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help lease option [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for a landlord to walk in hand you a lease option paper asking for a high amount of money and give you 30 days to move if you do not have it? Then to ask for a counter proposal which I did, all in writing he had not seen it we discussed ot over the phone a agreed I sent a check he...

401K best option [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I currently have an active 401K amount of approx. $9000 with my current company in NJ state. I am on an H-1B visa status and surely intend to go back to India my home country in around Jan/Feb 2007 for good and eventually cash out on my 401K amount. I am assuming that my 401K investments would...

View more questions Search