Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fanquestion111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Ceiling fan identification
    I bought a house with 2 fans, same model, with no manufacturers markings, no pull chains or switches to control fan or light, one is wired to a single switch and it turns on the light and fan to high, the other is wired to a double switch where one switch does nothing and the other turns on light and fan to medium speed.
    I assume they run off remote controlers but have not unmounted and disassembled them to find out for sure. I tried installing a switch with fan speed controller on the single switch fan and it did nothing. The house was built in 2006 so the fans are pretty recent model.
    Does anyone recognize the make or model of these fans

Aug 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Here are pics of them
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Pretty fan but can't help with ID. Are you trying to get remotes? If so, HD and Lowe's and others sell universal remotes.

Aug 9, 2012, 06:23 PM
    I know, tried hunter and hampton bay remotes sold at HD... neither worked.
    I know I can unmount disassemble and install control boxes for those remotes, but the owners that lost the house to foreclosure had to have controlled the fans somehow... they just didn't leave the remotes or info to the guy that bought it on the courthouse steps and then sold it to us.

I've looked at 600 fan pictures and can't figure out who makes it... I know this post and others like it I've made are longshots. But you never know someone could have a few and know exactly what they are...
    mike 165278 Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Aug 9, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Not sure try Westinghouse, or Progress or Sea Gull. Can you make out the brand of any other fan or light fixture in your house? Chances are the builder or electrician bought them all from the same manufacturer... Just an idea...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Fan OK, Lights Dim if turned on after fan [ 3 Answers ]

Installed a Hampton Bay 52" ceiling fan with light powered by remote unit. Fan works perfectly with remote. Lights work perfectly if you turn them on before the fan. However, if you turn the fan on first, then the lights, the lights will only come on dim. Ive checked and rechecked connections-...

Ceiling fan identification help. [ 1 Answers ]

This is a Hampton Bay fan, just not sure what model. The original installer broke the frosted globe that is supposed to be on the bottom for a light so it just has a cover in place. I want to try and get a new globe so I can use the light. Id-ing the fan is a good start I think! Thanks!

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

Two switch Ceiling Fan and Ceiling Fan light [ 2 Answers ]

I have two on and off swtich one use to control the ceiling fan and another one use to control ceiling fan light. Handy man changes the ceilng fan light. I wasn't home and wifey paid him without checking what going on Now both the switch either turn off the entire thing or turn on the entire...

Controlling ceiling fan and ceiling fan light [ 2 Answers ]

I have someone who installed a ceiling fan with light and I told them how to hook it up but they want to work the light from the switch and have the ceiling fan going when the switch is off. I told them they would need 2 switches instead of one which powers the fan and light and can only be...

View more questions Search