Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raharold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2005, 04:25 PM
    What is a roaming profile?
    What exactly is a "roaming profile?"

I have 2 computers running XP Pro networked together via a wireless router. I want to set up Outlook so that I can download my email from either computer and see the same emails from both computers.

Is is possible to do this without a server?

Thanks,
    Ross
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 12, 2005, 04:05 PM
    Roaming Profile
    As far as I understand it,a roaming profile is used to preserve a users configuration and present the user with an identical environment on any desktop the user logs onto.
    That's the techno babble out of the way.How to set it up for the configuration you want is a bit out of my depth,but why not go to www.techadvice.com/nt40/R/RoamingProfiles.htm where it explains,with diagrams,exactly how to set up a roaming profile.Phew! :eek:

Postscript:I know it says NT4.0 on the site,but maybe it will throw ideas to you?
    Anyhow,
    Goodluck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low profile p trap? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody seen one of these? I found them on a wholesaler web site but have not been able to find one at any retailers. Reason I"m looking for one is that I want to install a shower in an upstairs on 2 x 6 joists. The 2" p trap that I found at Home Depot needs about 8" to make it work. I...

Profile reset? [ 1 Answers ]

SOLVED I can't figure this out. One of my friends were on my computer a few days ago, when he finished, he shut it down. When I started it up, my proflile was... reset. For example, My active Desktop displays the screen it showed when I first installed Windows 2000 on it. My Mozilla Firefox...

Crate trainning puppy with cat roaming around [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering what you guys think about trainning our puppy with our cat roaming around him.Whwn we first got the puppy we introduced the pup and cat and they seemed like they were going to do pretty good.they kind of did the nose thing where they bumped noses a few times and then the puppy kind...

View more questions Search