Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Jealous of other Christians?
    Everyday I see people everywhere with so much faith in God and Jesus and it makes me really sad. I'm always struggling with faith and a lot of doubts and I think "Why can't I just be like them? They have perfect faith and their going to Heaven."

Im makes me so jealous of them because Im really struggling while they are praising the Lord and have no doubts whatsoever. Im only 13 and I want strong faith like my pastor. My mom said Im expecting too much and I should wait until I can understand more but I don't want to wait.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Your mom is right. You are obsessing over this. Didn't we make a difference with this thread --

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search....rchid=18587477

P.S. You're going to heaven too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Talk with your pastor, he will, if he is honest tell you about all the doubts he either still has, or the ones he had when he was young. Paul tells us as we are "young" in our faith we can not eat the meat but still drink the milk of the faith.

How many times have you read the bible all the way though? How often have you studied the words of Christ or just the Great Commission. Have you taken each line of the Lords Prayer and studied each line and word. I made a two month sermon series on just the Lords Prayer.

I just finished a 8 week college course on just the Great Commission of Christ.

The Bible is a example of all the doubts, Moses after all he saw, the miracles in Egypt, the parting of the red sea, the smoke and fire that lead the tribe. He got mad and disobeyed God. We see not only Thomas but all of the followers of Christ not believing he was rose again when he appeared to them.

Paul tells us that he often did what he would not do, and did not do what he should.

People are not perfect and what you see is often show, many of these Perfect people may not even be saved. You can not see their hearts, only God does that.

At 13 you should be old enough to understand.

We are sinners not because of what we do, that is just the sin we do, we are sinners because of Adam and Eve and all men and women are born into sin. When you accept and believe in Christ to be your Savior, you are saved. It does not mean you won't have doubts, Satan makes sure you have those. Since you are saved, he can not stop that, but doubt will stop you from working as hard for Christ.

Next we will still all sin, one sin is being jealous but we will always keep sinning, we now after we have been saved from those sins start trying to lead a better life.
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Have you professed your faith and accepted God as your Savior ? Have you shown that faith by baptism in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Have you now started studying his word, get a easy to read translation and read starting with the New Test the bible every day.
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Have you professed your faith and accepted God as your Savior ? have you shown that faith by baptism in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Have you now started studing his word, get a easy to read translation and read starting with the New Test the bible every day.
    Yes I have been reading my bible daily and going back to church more often.
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 08:00 PM
    First don't get tied up into the law, read and remember the grace and love of Christ.
    If your church has a youth group get involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a married man acts jealous is he really jealous? [ 2 Answers ]

Mm acts jealous when he sees me around another guy.He stays around yo hear what I'm satin he's stopped one guy from texting ne.Could he really be jealous.or is it Luke a trophy type possession thing? So man sleeping with same mistress couple yrs don't have a jealous bone when it comes to her?

True Christians & False Christians [ 35 Answers ]

Hi evereyone, When searching for true Christian followers of Jesus, how can we tell them apart from those who claim to follow Christ? Thank you, Hope12

How do I stop being jealous? Is this being jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend sent messages to guys do I have the right to be jealous? And when I ask her she make it out of fight saying I do not trust her. What is it?

View more questions Search