Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    totallytheresa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Ex moved to GA from NY, doesn'y pay support
    My exhusband moved from our home state NY to GA, and owes back child support for the 3 kids of almost $70,000. What can I do to recoup this oney, at least make him pay support? He works under the table, installing carpet, and if he comes to NY he will be arrested on a warrant for not paying support, however he knows this and won't come. He has been arrested in GA for other offenses, but there is no reciprocity. NY CSE has een attempting to get GA CSE to enforce the case for years, to no avail. Every time I provide an address or employer, there is no follow up with either agency. I am frustrated and sick of this nonsense, and do not want to take the money I earn to support the 3 kids to hire a private detective. Thank you anyone who can help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 05:15 PM
    I am sorry GA is not willing to help, but this is sadly common between various states. You need to perhaps hire or consult with a GA attorney as to what they think can be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I moved out of my rental, and I still continued to pay rent. [ 1 Answers ]

When my husband and I moved out of our rental, we were still in contract for another 6 months. We did the right thing, gave a "move out notice" and advised that we would still pay for the remainder of the 6 months which we were responsible for. They required us to keep all of the utilities on in...

Ex has moved on... almost? [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the long story short.. after being together for almost 2 years my boyfriend broke up with me 4 months ago at the beginning of junior year of high school saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now and needs a break. Now I realize we're still young and there's other people out...

He moved away [ 19 Answers ]

I was dating my boyfriend for a few months and everything was great. He decided to move away to another province and I would eventually move there too. I kept asking him on msn when he was far away in europe visiting family if he knew what we were going to do, and he kind of brushed things off. He...

Help roommate moved out and refuses to pay rent [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are on a lease with someone in NC. The rent is $800. My boyfriend actually pays rent somewhere else but basically lives with me. Before the "someone" moved in I informed them that my boyfriend basically lives with me. She said okay and agreed to paying half the rent. She...

Birds moved in [ 6 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I have a micro-hood over my range which vents outside. I've discovered some birds have moved in through that vent opening and have built a nest right where the venting starts at the microwave. At least that's where the sounds are coming from. What can I do? Thanks.

View more questions Search