Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johannsson35 Posts: 87, Reputation: 6

Aug 2, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Self-conscious about myself.. do you think women would find me attractive?
    Okay, I know this sounds like a joke. But I assure you, I'm being serious! Now this has nothing to do with my "bestfriend" in my other thread... this is simply a general question. I'm 18, about 5'7". I'm very scrawny. I was just wondering, does anyone here think women would find me attractive? I know they claim it's more about the inside that counts, but a lot of women are attracted to men based on their physical appearance.
    The first two photos of me were taken this week, so they're very recent. The third photo a couple of months old (hence the scruffy beard Lol. :P )

Thanks in advance, Travis.

>Photos removed for privacy and security<
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 04:25 PM
    A lot of shallow women are attracted to some men ONLY for their looks, the same way some men are attracted to women. But that is not what you are looking for is it? Keep talking to females, you will find one that likes you. I will tell you though that one of the most attractive qualities that a man can have is confidence which comes with high self-esteem, before you attract women, how about building some confidence in yourself? Analyze what things you don't like about yourself that you can change, and change them, hit the gym, etc. The better you feel being with yourself, the better other people are going to feel being around you, whether is at school, work, girlfriend, guy friends, family, ANYONE.
    maddy6 Posts: 108, Reputation: 12

Aug 2, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Many women will be attracted to you Travis. You are a handsome young man. At 18 you are very young and will fill out more as you get older. You do not look scrawny at all, however, only if *you* would like to become more physically fit, you could try going to the gym. My 15 year old son was tall and skinny and at the beginning of the summer he began going in the gym regularly. He also talked to his dad and me, and read, to learn about proper diet and other details about while working out properly. He had amazing results in actually a short time. His genes perhaps helped, but his commitment level was key. His self confidence has soared and he is very happy. NOW, I told you that only to encourage you if you desire to get more fit, it is within your reach. You are in control. You look just fine and you are very handsome the way you are. It is what you want. If you talk to girls, respect them and be a gentleman, those are qualities many girls find irresistible ;-)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 01:35 PM
    Every woman has different standards, different likes and dislikes. I don't think there's a "one size fits all" answer.

My concern is at what point in the relationship do you discuss your foot fetish? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adult-...es-689844.html

I wonder if there IS a problem if that is a problem for women - ?

Somewhere in the archives there's a post about my one date with a Physician who had a very serious high heel shoe fetish. I realized it within about 20 minutes of meeting him because of the way our conversation kept turning.

I myself look at the whole package when a man is involved - I happen to like self confidence in a man.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 01:42 PM
    When I was dating, I liked skinny short guys (good height for kissing, since I am 5'1"). I also checked out their eyes and if their whole face lit up when they smiled.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 03:14 PM
    DUDE!!

This is about YOUR confidence and self esteem. Not how you look. Go hang out at Walmarts and see if those people look like they chose their partner by physical appearance.

Ever hear of beauty being in the eye of the beholder? You think everybody likes the same type? Women don't nor do men. And it's a lousy idea putting your picture up on a public forum.

My motto is be happy with yourself, because that's all you got!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 03:19 PM
    I was concerned about the photos - glad they are gone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are tall women attractive? [ 17 Answers ]

The media puts tall women on a pedestal. Models are tall, and that is what most women strive to be. I am 5'8'' (which is tall) and at my High School I feel like the shorter women are more attractive to the men. I think tall women come off as intimidating. So is it really true? Is a model really...

Finding other women attractive [ 4 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for nearly 4 years with a girl and I've asked her to marry me 3 times and she has said no 3 times. I would like a baby she doesn't and she doesn't want to buy a house or seem to build a future. I just have this feeling I'm not moving forward although I care for this...

What kind of butt do women find attractive on men? [ 9 Answers ]

What kind of butt do woman find attractive on men? Is it small butts, medium butts, big butts, butts that look like they were lifted in the air by surgery what kind do women think is most attractive?

View more questions Search