Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meghan_lb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Infant rash
    My 3 month old has a red inflamed streak in the crease of her neck. We ruled out her shirt collar irritating her neck because its only on one side, so we think it may be a heat rash. Any suggestions on what it may be and how I might fix it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 2, 2012, 02:13 PM
    We don't diagnose on AMHD because, quite frankly, I can't see the rash, and I don't know what your living conditions are.

Is it hot where you are, and your baby has been sweating? I would use some tried and tested approaches like any linament for baby rash, as you use on her bum if she has a diaper rash; probably something quite similar, plus put her in a night shirt that is not tight around her neck, would be my advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In a classic study of infant attachment, Harlow (1959) placed infant monkeys in cages [ 2 Answers ]

In a classic study of infant attachment, Harlow (1959) placed infant monkeys in cages with two artificial surrogate mothers. One “mother” was made from bare wire mesh and contained a baby bottle from which the infants could feed. The other mother was made from soft terry cloth and did not provide...

Mother leaves infant with friend, grandfather has had the infant in his care for over [ 3 Answers ]

A mother leaves infant with friend, grandfather has been the primary care giver for over a month now. The mother was not providing adequate care to the infant, she was feeding the infant watered down formula and living in an automobile. The infant was neglected and malnurished. In the...

Custody of an infant [ 1 Answers ]

I broke up with my girlfriend and we have a child. WE have ever lived together but have been operating under joint custody of our one year old with joint visitation. Now we are splitting up and she is trying to back track on joint custody saying its not healthy for the child. WE had set up out...

My infant son [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 month old son is throwing up and got BAD diarriah. What should I do with this?

View more questions Search