Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Struggling with Faith in Jesus / God
    Im really struggling with faith in God. I want to tell my pastor but I'm too scared. Im scared of the rapture and Im also scared of hell. My faith in God and Jesus always change for some reason. Im 13 years old so I don't know if it hormones and what not. It really discourages me to read the bible and stop praying but I really don't want to give up. If you've dealt with this how long did it take you to have omplete faith in God and jesus?
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frizzybear View Post
    Im really struggling with faith in God. I wanna tell my pastor but im too scared. Im scared of the rapture and Im also scared of hell. My faith in God and Jesus always change for some reason. Im 13 years old so i dont know if it hormones and what not. It really discourages me to read the bible and stop praying but I really don't wanna give up. If you've dealt with this how long did it take you to have omplete faith in God and jesus?
    If your pastor is worth his/her salt, s/he will care for you and help you with your struggle. It sounds as though you're pretty isolated at the moment, and that could be part of the problem. Hook up with some other believers that you trust and you can strengthen each other.

And if your pastor slams you or gets down on you for your wavering faith, find a different pastor. I'm just sayin'.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2012, 07:57 PM
    you are suppose to be scared of hell if your pastor does a good job of preaching, the explaining hell and explaining that man is a sinner because of the sin of Adam and can not save his self is suppose to be the preachers main message.

It is when you have accepted Christ as your Saviour than you no longer free Rapture ( if you church teaches or believes in a literal Rapture) or hell, since once you are saved, there is no fear.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2012, 08:09 PM
    OH... Fr_chuck! I like you... but ( and even though I was saved because I didn't want to go to hell)... the Bible says it is the goodness of God that makes man repent.

My point is this... yes! God sent his SON because he doesn't want anyone going to hell. But if the Church would preach on how GOOD God is.. man would repent. Repent means to change their minds.

I don't think anyone should be afraid. The ONLY thing God says to fear is not entering his REST. That is IT.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 3, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Frizzy... you're human... and it's fine to question. You remind me of myself at 13... scared of hell (and of God really)... wanting to do right buy really wanting simply to live life as a 13 year old would... if it wasn't for all the guilt! Am I right?

There are two ways to struggle with something however. You can have doubts... and simply let those take over and then give up... or you can have doubts and push through. I'm not saying "pushing through" mens to ignore your doubts and force yourself to believe... I'm saying if you are struggling with belief or other issues... to pursue it. If Jesus is real and with that His love for you as the Bible describes it... then there will be evidence of it somewhere out there, right? Christianity is no guarantee against rough spots in life.

Remember Christ himself taught to seek... as we will find... to knock for it will be open to us. It's OK to seek and to question God. Make sure if you are going to entertain the idea of questioning Him... that you actually follow through with it instead of allowing it to be a reason to give up... for that path has no promise at the end of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I find my faith in Jesus? [ 28 Answers ]

Back when I was younger I was a strong Christian. When I got into the 6th grade I started swearing and doing A LOT of bad things. I stopped reading my bible and me and my family stopped going to church but I never stopped praying. I realized that I lost my faith in both God and Jesus and it killed...

Jesus as God [ 10 Answers ]

I always believed that Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit were one entiity. If Jesus is God, why do we need Him to intercede on our behalf to God? See Hebrews 7: 23-24 "Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives...

Struggling with my beliefs/God [ 26 Answers ]

I'm really struggling with my beliefs. I became close friends with a musician, and many of his songs were about the christian faith. I decded to go to church and check it out, and the more I think about it, the more confused I get. My friend does what I consider to be normal things... drinking,...

Faith in God and a positive attitude. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, If a person is seriously sick with cancer or some other debilitating illness, can teir faith in God and a positive mind help them to live longer nor even put their illness in remission? Do you personally know of any examples where this has taken place? Peace, Hope12

Did Jesus Ever Say He was God? [ 252 Answers ]

:confused: Is Jesus Christ God? Investigate these interesting claims... The earliest followers of Jesus all seemed pretty convinced that Jesus was fully God in human form. Paul said, "He is the image of the invisible God...in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell." John said...

View more questions Search