Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hornsmacker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Remove concrete lintel between two block walls
    There is solid concrete above the door way and block on either side , only one sidi of the wall comes down. Will the concrete header fall if I take the one wall out
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Yes. Also anything built above that area will start to come down.

Chuck
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Aug 2, 2012, 11:49 AM
    Yes not straight away but it will start to crack as you have undermined the structure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove ceramic tile from concrete block walls? [ 6 Answers ]

I tried using a heat gun without success so far; the heat works well to remove the mastic after tile is removed but does not seem to be much help as I try to remove 4" by 4" tiles from the wall without breaking them. I was hoping to remove whole tiles in one area with the goal of using them to fill...

How do you install an iron lintel in a cinder block wall after cutting the wall open? [ 0 Answers ]

I plan on cutting & opening 7' tall x 8' wide in an existing cinder block wall 8"x8"x16" that was laid with a stack bond (joint on joint). How do I insert an iron lintel 1/2" thick x 4" wide x 8'6" length? The length of the lintel is planned to go beyond the width 3" on each side. Is that enough...

Do concrete block walls need to be filled [ 3 Answers ]

Concrete block wall below ground. Do they need to be filled. Concrete or can dirtor gravel be used

What is the difference between a cinder block and a concrete block? [ 2 Answers ]

I am working on a basement bathroom renovation in a basement built in 1969. Fasteners for the firring strips state they are not to be used in cinder block walls, but are OK in concrete block walls. How can I tell what I have?

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

View more questions Search