Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 07:44 AM
    My heart hurts
    I have just turned 16 and I'm starting to worry about my heart. I've been getting heart pains for over the last month and they are getting more frequent. I get short sharp stabbing pains but some last longer then others. I experience these pains any time and any where and it's about time I found out why it's happening. Also I smoke and I have high blood pressure.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2012, 11:23 AM
    Well, it could be the smoking. But, lets not rule out other things just because you smoke (so many people did that to me before I quit smoking)

When I started getting really bad chest pains (that I mistook for heart pain, which is different) a lot of doctors shrugged it off as smoking and told me to quit (which I eventually did but not at that time)

I kept at it, and got a second opinion, and even a third. Until one doctor was finally willing to sit and talk and get to the triggers of the pain. Which was usually after eating, or if I ate late at night, or if I laid down right after eating. Heartburn.
    Severe, severe heart burn. Which led the doctor to do an ultrasound on my gallbladder, which reveled so many gall stones that would periodically try to pass but fail.

Once my gall bladder was removed, the heartburn went away, and so did the chest pain.

NOW, something else that I feel I should ask, as it is important, do you get arm pain at the same time as the chest pain?

Or, does it feel like someone is sitting on your chest?

Like I said, get to a doctor, and find out what is going on. And keep at it. Don't let them just shrug you out the door with an order to quit smoking.

Though I do want to say, QUIT SMOKING.
    I was a smoker, and I know how hard it is, but I promise, it is SO REWARDING.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My adult children hate me also my heart hurts and goes out to all those who are going [ 12 Answers ]

My adult children hate me also and it is just so painful. My heart goes out to everyone going through this horrible problem. I Love them so much and they treat me like dirt.Thank you to the creator of this website and all the parents especially us mom's who go through all the pain of child birth...

The outside of my heart feels bruised and my left arm hurts... why could that be? [ 1 Answers ]

The outside of my heart feels bruised and my left arm hurts... why could that be?

My heart hurts [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so this thing with my heart has been happening for a while. I'm a 12 year old female, and I would like to know what this is and what the risks are. There is always times where I'm just enjoying a day, you know.. Normal activity's then I just basically stop, and my heart feels like there is...

What does it mean when a 6 year old tells you their heart hurts [ 4 Answers ]

My 6 year old tells me her heart hurts. I don't understand?? She's 6 years old, what could it be? The doctors think its heartburn. I don't... any suggestions??

My heart hurts when I breathe sometimes is that weird? [ 1 Answers ]

uhm hii well some times ouuta no where my heart just starts hurting like really really bad just randomly & some people say it couls be from eating the wrong food & some people say I have serious heart problems & others sayy its from stress. It just starts hurting & its ultra hard to breathe. I...

View more questions Search