Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drbj_88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
    pregnant and swollen lymph node
    I am 28 weeks pregnant with my 4th pregnancy, but my 2nd child.

My symptoms, I thought were probably mostly related to my pregnancy. It wasn't until I noticed a swollen lymph node on the right side of my upper neck, about an inch under my jaw line that I started wondering if these symptoms may also be caused by something else.

First, I have several lymph nodes on the right side of my body that are swollen. The one on my neck I noticed about a week ago, and it has grown in size, it is now approximately 2in in diameter, and very pronounced and easily seen. I have been having trouble swallowing my very large prenatal vitamins, and have had some difficulty with eating and swallowing. I also have a swollen node under my right arm pit, and one that I suspect is swollen, located deeper inside my body, located right where my groin and thighs meet, but more towards the back near my buttocks. I have had tenderness and pain here for about 3 weeks, it comes and goes, and has gotten a little worse in the past few days.

Usually I get cold very easy, lately I have been getting horrible random hot flashes and sweating spells throughout the day, (usually later in the day), and night sweats. I usually sleep under my comforter, but lately have been sleeping with no cover at all, and have had to purchase a fan so I have moving air blowing on me. I have been very fatigued, to the point of barely functioning. I have also had fainting and vertigo, when walking, standing, sitting and laying down.

My OB started me on Iron supplements suspecting that I may be anemic (I have swung back and forth with anemia my whole life), I have been taking them for a month, with little relief. I have also been tested for thyroid disease, as it runs through both sides of my parents' families. The tests came back normal.

I have an OB appointment coming up soon... Is there anything specific I should be looking for? I usually know my body pretty well, and can go in somewhat already certain of what to expect diagnoses and testing wise, but I am clueless as to what all of these may be... I just want to be on the safe side and not have someone tell me it's all related to my pregnancy... Thank you in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a swollen lymph node in groin area, now a large pimple sore on back of knee? [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed a sore spot in groin area one morning, Caused me to limp slightly, went to doc next day and he said it was a swollen lymph node and asked me if I had any sores on my leg. I had not at the time but that same evening I noticed a large, tender pimple on the back of my right knee area. It has...

Swollen lymph node and sore on my clitorus. STD? [ 1 Answers ]

Three days ago I had developed a swollen lymph node on my groin area. I went to my primary care doctor, who told me it was small enough to not be concerned. That next day, I noticed the left side of my clitorus (the same side the swollen lymph node is on) felt somewhat irritated after I wiped....

Swollen Lymph Node in left side of the neck. Could this be a sign of Thyroid cancer? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 16 year old male, I've had swollen lymph nodes before but they were worse than they are now and they went away. Right now, my left lymph node is swollen. It doesn't really hurt, but I can feel it's swollen whenever I turn my neck or lay down in bed. As I said it doesn't really hurt, but it's...

Swollen lymph node and lump in leg [ 1 Answers ]

OK so my right gland in my neck was swollen since maybe December... that is almost a year... I went to the doctor and she said I was just fighting an infection and then my mom told me that it could permenetly stay swollen at times so I wasn't too concerned about it... however today about ten...

Swollen lymph node [ 8 Answers ]

How do I know I have a swollen lymph node? I have a couple lymph nodes that slightly (very slightly, probably 0.2cm) protrude from my neck, each being no more than 1cm in diameter (1 might 1.5 cm, but no more)? I saw my GP and she said those WERE the lymph nodes and they're supposed to protrude...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.