Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jen9073 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2004, 10:47 AM
    HELP!! Yucky sewer water in basement!
    There is a pipe behind the washing machine in my basement that is spurting sewer-water all over the place when we flush or use the shower. Our washing machine has its drain hook snaked through the top of the pipe (has been like that for years) and that's where the water from the toilet and shower are leaking (or should I say, spurting like a fountain) from. It doesn't happen all the time, just when a long shower or a "big toilet-full" needs to drain. What should we do? Its mostly dirty water (with very little "solids")... I pulled the washing machine's drain out of the pipe and it had feces on it... Yuck! What's going on? I can't get a plumber out here in the woods of Maine on New Years Eve... HELP!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 31, 2004, 11:17 AM
    HELP!! Yucky sewer water in basement!
    Hi Jenny,
    You compained, ".I pulled the washing machine's drain out of the pipe and it had feces on it...Yuck! What's going on?? I can't get a plumber out here in the woods of Maine on New Years Eve...HELP!!!"

I was called away from a Xmas party on Christmas Eve for a stoppage. Most companys have service men on call for emerigencies. Better get on the phone because you have a blockage downstream from the washer. OR, You could rent a sewer machine and go up on the roof and run a snake down the vent stack nearest the washer. Put out enough cable after you hit the bend at the base of the stack to get out in the house main. The fact that it's freezing up there in Maine won't help matters any either. Any how, Happy New Year from sunny Florida. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New sewer and water line installation [ 6 Answers ]

I have a piece of property that has an existing mobile home on it. I'm having a new mobile home moved onto it this weekend for my mother-in-law. The property has public water and sewer. I am going to be running water and sewer lines for the new home from new taps that the utility company will...

Sewer smell in basement bathroom [ 24 Answers ]

I'm moving in a couple of months, but the house I'm renting right now has a really strong sewer smell coming from the shower drain, sink drain, and the drain for the washing machine, all in the basement. It's worse when the washing machine is running, but you can smell it pretty much all the time....

Yucky fleas! [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, my dog has fleas and I am in the works of getting rid of them. But it's grossing me out and I feel all yucky and I'm paranoid that they are on me & in my hair! I don't even want to go home! Can they live in my hair as well? What do I do? Yuck!:confused:

Toilet flooding hot water, sewer stink? [ 15 Answers ]

Old (1962) slab house, southwest Florida. Half-bath off bedroom. A couple days of toilet gurgling, a couple back-ups, but no overflowing, and plunging worked. Then it wouldn't, but it would eventually run down empty and kind of breathe out that nasty sewer smell from time to time. I thought...

Sewer Order in Basement [ 5 Answers ]

My problem is, when we do laundry there is a sewer smell in the basement. The following is a summary of the conditions: Two story home with a half basement. My problem is worst when it is raining. The area were I believe the smell is coming from is very busy. There is a sump pump in the area,...

View more questions Search