Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cactusthorn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 05:55 AM
    Price Pfister 49 Series - Faucet seems stripped
    I have Price Pfister 49 series in the bathroom and the cold water faucet handle seems stripped. Even after the water is turned off I can continue turning the handle 180 degrees. The top of the plastic valve body doesn't seem stripped so not sure what else in the valve body could be wrong. I assume I just need to buy a new valve body and quit worrying about one piece that may be stripped or malfunctioning.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2012, 01:00 PM
    It could just be that the Allen screw is loose. It's easy to take apart. All you need is an Allen set, a screwdriver, and a couple of wrenches. Go here for a diagram: PlumbingWarehouse.com - Price Pfister Bathroom Faucet Parts For Models 49-DC00, T49-DC00, 49-DK00, T49-DK00, 49-DP00
    The most likely problem is that the Allen screw is loose because if it was stripped you could not turn it off. It may need a washer which you can get at any hardware store for a few cents.

Jul 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Thanks for the reply DrTom4444 and the diagram. I looked at my faucet which is the 49-M (Marielle) and unfortunately it is different than the attached diagram and doesn't have the allen screw in the handle. I took the faucet handle off hoping the allen screw was hidden underneath... but no luck.
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2012, 09:02 PM
    Just turn the water off and take the stem out and look at it. You should be able to tell what the problem is very easily. If you need a new stem you can get one at any plumbing supply house. I would take in the old one. A whole stem is much more expensive than just a repair kit, but you may need one.

Jul 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drtom4444 View Post
    Just turn the water off and take the stem out and look at it. You should be able to tell what the problem is very easily. If you need a new stem you can get one at any plumbing supply house. I would take in the old one. A whole stem is much more expensive than just a repair kit, but you may need one.
    Thanks! I will take it apart this weekend and see if a new stem will fix it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
    When I say "stem" that means the whole complete assembly that you remove, not just the thing the handle goes on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price Pfister 26 Series Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I recently intalled a Price Pfister 26 series kitchen faucet. The faucet seems to work correctly, except that the flow out the faucet is low. Also, the flow from the spray nozzle is greater than from the faucet. I have checked the system pressure to be 40 to 50 psi, so I know that is not the...

Leaking 533 Series Price Pfister faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to disassemble a 533 Series Price Pfister kitchen pull out faucet to replace the cartridge or valve gasket whichever is the culprit for the drip. From the parts explosion diagram it appears the button on the handle begins this process of disassembly, but I feel like I am going to...

Price Pfister 01 series shower diverter issues [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a kit for a Price Pfister 01 series three handle tub & shower unit. All new stems, seats etc. The shower diverter is problematical. At first, it would jam up when both hot & cold water was turned on full blast... nothing would come out, either tub or shower spigot. '52 era...

Price Pfister faucet [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old PF faucet (expensive) which will not remain partially open... say about 50% or less the handle closes and shuts off the water. Wide open stays open. The handle has a 'button' on the top, but it doesn't want to come loose with fairly gently prying. Please help! Jerry Triggs

View more questions Search