Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mamaroo_1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Questions on molar extraction!! Help!
    I had my tooth pulled bottom left molar about 6 days ago... Today while rinsing I noticed something pinkish or orange came out and looking in there with a flash light the hole looks deeper... I can see like purple or dark red down in there but worried about getting dry socket now is it normal for the clot to fall out like that? It is still very tender on day 6 thank u!
    BethVader Posts: 92, Reputation: 9

Jul 29, 2012, 11:58 PM
    You need to go back to the dentist and get that clot repaired.
    After an extraction a dentist will usually tell you not to smoke
    Or drink from a straw because this is usually the cause of the
    Clot falling out. It will become a "dry socket" and become much
    More painful if you do not get it refilled soon. Call your dentist
    Tomorrow and explain the situation, hopefully they will give you
    An emergency visit. Good luck to you. I know how horrible dental
    Pain can be. But it is always best to get it taken care of before it
    Becomes an even bigger and more expensive problem.
    A Random Phrase Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 06:07 PM
    I'd have it checked out if it hurts. There is a possibility that it isn't a clot at all if your dentist puts "sponges" in your hole. That's what my dentist did. Today was my third visit for extractions (I had all of my teeth extracted over the course of three visits) and one of the sponges has already fallen out. The last time, one fell out after a few days. My daughter and I looked at it, trying to figure out if it was a blood clot. We decided it wasn't because the consistency was not like any blood clot we had experienced. No pain. No problem. But, if you're having pain, you should ask your dentist's office about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling of Food Being Stuck After Molar Extraction [ 0 Answers ]

Basically, I had a molar removed on the bottom about a week ago. Since then, most of the time it feels as if something is stuck there (or at least, it feels like it did when something might be stuck in teeth there when that was possible). I've been rinsing, and it doesn't hurt at all, but I am...

Molar extraction [ 0 Answers ]

I had my molar removed about 3-4 weeks ago. I did everything I was told by the dentist for after care. I noticed a few days ago there appears to be a bubble where the tooth was and my gum is still abit tender, what could this be?

Lower tooth molar extraction [ 29 Answers ]

It has been 7 days now... and the tooth hole that was extracted seems getting smaller and filling with healing tissue. I still feel mild pain here and there when I rinse with salt water is this normal? Also, if any bone or root tip fragments were left in the hole do they create future problems...

Massive infection under jaw after 3rd molar extraction [ 2 Answers ]

I had my wisdom theet (3) removed about 6 days ago. I knew right after the surgery that one lower one must have made problems since it hurt by far more than the other two extraction sites. I had a little swelling and some pain but about on the 2nd to 3rd day my jawbone (under side), throat and neck...

#18 Extraction Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a prior Dental Lab tech of 5 years, and need some advice. I had a extraction of the roots on 18, a periodontal pocket had allowed decay to cause my crown and core build up, and post to fall out. I went in for root extraction and allow healing for future bone graph and implant. Ive had...

View more questions Search