Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ceasefire Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Acne questions? Self Esteem at stake!
    I'm 17yr old, male, and I have mild acne. I don't get much sleep. I don't take regular showers. Here goes the questions.

1. What would showering every day do to my acne? (Everytime I take a shower, my acne gets worse!).

2. What does picking at the acne do to my skin? (Any tips for quitting?).

3. What are some effective products that I can get easily? (I haven't tried many. Most dry my skin out way too much and my face starts peeling!).

4. What foods can I eat that are skin healthy? (I'm a guy. I eat junk food. Looking for healthy alternatives).

5. How can I hide/fade the scars I have from 'picking'? (They aren't everywhere, but they create discolorations and dark spots.)

-Any advice would help!! You all sound very knowledgeable ;)

-I have been suffering from low self-esteem for about 5 years because of my facial imperfections... after looking at previous threads of success... this could be my salvation if I can find anything that works.
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Mar 6, 2007, 11:44 PM
    hi!
    OK, here goes...

1. showering = nothing, just don't scrub off your face - use something mild in the morning like aveeno - and in the night, use a scrub. Or you can try natural skin care... will tel you more if you're interested

2. picking is terrible - but if you have to do it, do it by making sure your face and hands are clean... use a tissue paper - make sure there is no white stuff left (make sure its clean)... wash your face, swab with some alcohol, HONEY (which is a good alternative if your skin is sensitive) or apply ben. Peroxide (spectro gel 2.5 or 5% is THEEEE greatest)

3. above

4. foods... a glass of fresh orange juice when you just wake up is GREAT... throughout the day -anything like strawberries, grapes, dark chocolate... anyways- just eat a lot of healthy stuff! Fruits and vegs... also, oreo cookies are a delight! - but in moderation... you have to eat some junk

5. scars fade with time - but putting some lemon juice on your face for 3 minutes in the night and rincing with cool water afterwards should speed up the process.
    other products - neutrogena, aveeno, spectro gel have have great results!

be sure to keep your head up, exercise and be proud of yourself - I have had the low self esteem - but trust me, most people aren't shallow pricks - they'll love you for your personality and your confidence - so keep your head up!
    x yenoh

p.s. I also suffer from mild acne - and have been for a few years- my regime help keep things under control. Remember, you only live once... don't let this govern your life. Someday it'll go away

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Do I have to stake sweet peas? [ 3 Answers ]

I've never grown sweet peas, but my kids love them so much, I'm going to try. I've got some started indoors and they are just wild looking. They've already got a tiny litle pods on them--but my question is: do I need to stake them when I put them in the ground outside? And if so, what is best to...

Self-esteem [ 2 Answers ]

Besides the fact that I had been in a relationship for a very long time that I let really break me, or so I still think. I'm not really at the point yet where I see my growth or what I've learned, still, I know I'll get there. MY question is this: What makes a person a worthy person of...

Questions for self-esteem [ 3 Answers ]

I'd like help with what kind of questions to put to a music teacher who has self-esteem problems. I don't want to ask the wrong kind of questions and this is the first time I have had a performer. I am the only counsellor in a rural town and this person is having issues with being unsure of himself...

Self Esteem: [ 12 Answers ]

" Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. - Phillips Brooks In what stage are you? HANK :)

View more questions Search