Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
    Sleep Phobia?
    I don't know if this is really sleep phobia or not. Lately I've been very scared of sleeping. It's because I'm scared of my thoughts I'll be thinking and my dreams ill be having. I usually panic If I think of something I don't want to think and I keep thinking it so I just stay up late at night until like 6 in the morning. Is it sleep phobia?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2012, 12:05 AM
    When do you sleep? Do you nap during the day sometime?

Have you seen a doctor about this? You need at least 6-8 hours of sleep every 24 hours.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
    Putting a name on it isn't helpful or important. I take it you are able to sleep without fear around 6 am?
    Most sleep experts I've read say to always get up if you can't fall asleep within a few minutes. Watch TV, read, have a light on, get on the computer. Sleep on the couch if you have one and feel that is safer from bad dreams or fears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lizard phobia [ 3 Answers ]

I am scared very much with lizards.What is solution

Phobia [ 2 Answers ]

How is possible to erase a phobia? Specially for dogs.

Commitment Phobia [ 7 Answers ]

First I want to apologize, I know there are quite a few commitment phobia questions but I didn't feel as though I related to any. My situation is very ODD/RARE and I have yet to find someone to relate and I was hoping I could find it here. Let me see if I can get all the details out and then ask my...

How to get over marriage phobia [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im an Indian & right now trying to go in for an arranged marriage, as per our traditions. Im finding it too hard to commit to an unknown girl & fear of losing my freedom & happiness for good if I marry any girl. It may be because of my past failed relationship with my ex girl friend. ...

Phobia or Not [ 4 Answers ]

Every since I could remember, I have always been grossed out or freaked out by drains. Drains on a tub, sink, jacuzzi, pool. It does not matter, if I touch it I get chills and well in laymen terms just spaz. I can't even take a bath because I am afraid my feet will touch the drain, so I am...

View more questions Search