Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcraig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 06:36 PM
    40's maybe 50's movie?
    It's about a guy who has an angel in his backyard tree... he keeps trying to convince people of it, and finally I think his wife figures out its true. The angel can't leave the tree, why I cannot remember. It's black and white, and I remember seeing it about 35 years ago. Any ideas?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Rccraig, ouch that is a tough one! Our memories after 35 years are not the best! ;)

I remember a movie that I just loved. Old B&W. It sounds a lot like yours but it wasn't an angel, it was death! Grandpa traps him in an apple tree. No one can see him but Gramps and his grandson. I have a feeling this is the one you are thinking of because the viewer doesn't really know it is death, he tries to convince the little boy that Grandpa is nutty and he (man in tree) is a wonderful guy. The little boy thinks the man in the tree is an angel at the beginning, but grampa knows the truth and slowly convinces others near the end of the movie that he did trap death in the tree.

The name of the movie is "On Borrowed Time" 1939, starring Lionel Barrymore, and Cedric Hardwicke. Here is a link to the plot summary:

On Borrowed Time (1939)

Let me know if you think this is it. By the way, if it is not, it is definitely worth watching. Wonderful movie! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1940's or 50's movie about 4 married couples [ 2 Answers ]

My dad keeps talking about a movie where these four married couples are all going to get a divorce for various reasons. One couple are in a television show within the movie who are also married on the show and another couple are wealthy. The wealthy couples wife is like Anna Nicole Smith who is...

Family Movie from 50's or 60's [ 1 Answers ]

I remember seeing this movie in the early 60's. I can't remember the name, nor can I remember the stars. It did have some child stars - notable a blond or red-headed boy with freckles and a little blond girl. What I do remember was there was a storm, may be a hurricane. After the resulting damage,...

50's black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the 50's black and white movie set in the congo, and begins with the opening scene of a man riding on a bicycle and is slain by a machete wielding attacker?

Need a Title - Old Movie like 40's or earlier [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I saw parts of an old movie on AMC, TCM or one of those old movie channels. I don't remember much, which is my biggest obstacle in finding the title. I only remember one scene which is a house on a cliff that either people or a woman is moving into and the woman hears something...

Older gas wall heater I believe early 50's problem [ 3 Answers ]

The wall heater has no electrical connections at all on it, with a manual off/low to high abutment on top of unit. The pilot light lights fine but the heater part(is this the burner, not sure what its called) does not light. The manual control valve is inline after the pilot, and before the...

View more questions Search