Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prostreetwarrior Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Shower drain for raised shower
    Hello I am looking for a shower drain that runs ON TOP of my floor in the basement. I have removed the old shower unit to put in a new one. It has a p-trap that is LOW PROFILE. With the limited space I have I need to find a new one like this one. The old one is damaged and was leaking. The part number on the old one is PVC-DWV No. 42.313 does anyone know where to find this item??
    Thanks, jay
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prostreetwarrior
    Hello I am looking for a shower drain that runs ON TOP of my floor in the basement. I have removed the old shower unit to put in a new one. It has a p-trap that is LOW PROFILE. With the limited space I have I need to find a new one like this one. The old one is damaged and was leaking. The part number on the old one is PVC-DWV No. 42.313 does anyone know where to find this item?????
    Thanks, jay
    The part number means nothing to me -- Can you upload a picture of it?

Mar 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images

stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 4, 2007, 06:24 PM
    P trap? That looks like just the drain assembly to me.

Stew

Mar 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Ok what ever it is I NEED ONE!

Mar 4, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Yeah, I understand you need one - I'm looking to see what I might be able to scare up. Only thing I was saying is that doesn't suffice as a proper P Trap.

Is there a proper trap downstewam of that thing? It won't stop sewer gas from coming up in your shower, otherwise.

Stew

Mar 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
    This is the way the old shower was set up. It drains in to a sealed crock with a pump the pumps to the septic. The sam crock that the clothes washer and sink uses.

Mar 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
    What's the diameter of that drain? Looks like 1.5" pipe, right?

Looks almost like the drain ell you see under a tub...

Stew

Mar 4, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Yes it's 1 1/2 dia. Pipe

Mar 4, 2007, 07:00 PM
    What's the diameter of the drain part?

Mar 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
    :D

I've got a kit (from Lowe's or home depot) like this, except the tubing is standard 1/5" PVC pipe. I have an OLD HUGE tub 6.5' that I have to custom fit the waste arm, drain, etc to use it. I bought one of these kits to do it with.

I think the drain and ell is close to what you want - I'm not endorsing this as a solution, just helping you find what you're looking for.

I'm supposing the waste tank is well vented... Personally, I'd crack open the floor and put a proper drain and P trap in.

Good luck
    Stew
    Attached Images

iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Yikes!!

Never seen it -- Don't care to see it again.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 10:07 PM
    It is a typical sized shower drain that drains horizontal rather than vertical and they used a 2" x 1 1/2" bushing to put a 1 1/2" pipe in it.
    Look here Kissler & Co., Inc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing shower drain for shower pan replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of removing an existing shower tray. I am having difficulty in removing the drain. It does not appear to screw in. I have access to from below if I need to cut pvc pipe. This appears to be the only thing keeping my tray in place at this time.

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

Rebuilding Shower - Leveling new shower drain? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have come to the postings to get some help as I am a novice plumber. I've gutted my ensuite tilled shower down to the floor. In whacking out the cement pan, and I assumed that I've probably cracked the old drain so when I got to the wood floor I cut away the older PVC 2" piping back...

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search