Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TJ R Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 03:33 AM
    Ark Fault Breaker
    I installed 3 pendant lights (NEW) with 75W electronic transformer in each, connected to an ark fault breaker AFCI circuit will function properly till I increase the dimmer output to max output for the pendant lights, @ this point about 5-8 seconds the ark fault breaker will trip, this will happen every time whether all other loads on this circuit are on or off. (not overload related) This will not happen if I reduce the dimmer a little from max. Breaker will then not trip with all loads on. So what can be done?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2012, 02:02 PM
    I think trying a new dimmer may work. The existing dimmer must have an arcing problem inside that the Arc Fault breaker is detecting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arc fault breaker [ 9 Answers ]

As some of you might remember, I have knob and tube in my house. I just had a new panel installed, but the knob and tube remains. I am in the process to change that over, but in the meantime, would an AFCI breaker protect from arcs that might happen in the wall cavity? My wife heard a story of a...

Arc fault breaker code [ 4 Answers ]

Can I protect a kitchen counter circuit with GFI outlets with a AFBreaker and add a hall outlet on the other side of the wall

Ark fault circuit interrupter [ 1 Answers ]

Can an afci be put on a circuit with no grounds or one that is sharing neutrals with another cicuit

Re-setting Arc Fault Breaker [ 2 Answers ]

After an electrical storm where elec service was interupted I can not re-set the two Bedroom Arc Fault Breakers. Breakers are mfd by Eaton & has small yellow test button on each. Says type BYAF. All else is well. Home is 1 year old in Florida. Please help.

Arc fault breaker wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Can I power two arc fault protected circuits through one 14-3 feeder? I intend to install two arc fault breakers in the panel and route the power to two bedrooms through a single run of 14-3 cable.

View more questions Search