Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JumpFrog Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 02:54 AM
    Can't use PayPal to buy games in Steam while in Russia?
    I'm visiting Russia, and there are some great deals on Steam, (Age of Empires for 4 DOLLARS), but I can't buy anything because there isn't the option of using paypal. Also, everything is in Rubles, which gets annoying.

Any advice or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 24, 2012, 03:06 AM
    If you have Paypal, it doesn't matter where in the world you are, and the rubles are converted to dollars or whatever your country currency is. If Steam doesn't ship to Russia, that's a topic for their forums. If the games for sale are downloads, I don't see what the problem would be.

Jul 24, 2012, 03:23 AM
    I know that. But the checkout is on Steam, and there Isn't ANY OPTION FOR PAYPAL. I know that the currency is converted to the country that you're in, I'm not an idiot, what I wanted was a possible settings bar or something that can change it to USD, like in Gamestop's Impulse. It was a download for a PC.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2012, 04:08 AM
    Hey! I don't mind what you said. Now I know you know more than it sounded like at first. No big deal.
    If Steam doesn't show Paypal as an option, since they clearly take it, maybe add your address in Russia to your Paypal profile?
    If that doesn't work, ask in the forums in Steam.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jul 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
    With the prevalence of identity theft centered in Russia it may be that they will not accept paypal payment from Russia especially on non Russian accounts

Jul 25, 2012, 02:47 PM
    All right, thank you both for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paypal buy now button [ 2 Answers ]

If I send a buyer a paypal buy now button and they pay with credit card instead do I get it straight into my paypal account?

Steam boiler is returning water via steam pipe rather than through condensate tank [ 0 Answers ]

I have a steam boiler heating system in my home. After steam is produced and goes to the radiators, it is condensating and returning to the boiler via the steam pipe rather than the pipe leading to the condensate tank. It is a two pipe system. The boiler overfills after each cycle and I have to...

Would like to build a wet steam house. What boiler to buy? [ 1 Answers ]

Loved going to Slyvan lake steam house and I would like to replicate that design. It was an electric boiler with a globe valve per room and a radiator distributing the steam out. Currently there are steam showers but they are not fit for 2. I would like to gain any preference on which steam...

Using Paypal "Buy Now" button on website [ 11 Answers ]

Made a simple "Buy Now" button with Paypal's Merchant Tools and stuck it here: http://tripswithkidz.com/advertisenow.html Why does clicking the button result in Method Not Allowed The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /advertisenow.html. Checking out that button code in...

View more questions Search