Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luv2binluv05 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Struggling musician!
    Hey, Im a singer living in West Palm Beach and I have written tons of songs and lyrics and really want to get in the studio, make some demos and get out there. Would anyone know about the first steps to getting that done? Or even suggest the right kind of studios to look into?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Start trying to find gugs as a backup musician for some studios.

But most beginning people merely have to pay for their first few CDs to be made of their own pocket
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Mar 4, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Try doing some demos in a local studio and getting some local airplay. If a label rep is passing through your town and likes what he hears he'll call the radio station to find you. Send these "basement studio" tapes to different record labels. Haunt any local places that bring in live bands and talk with those guys. They often have their label contacts with them or they know the right people to talk to.
    Rocker Jack V Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2009, 10:22 PM

If money is not an issue -- I would buy the gear myself and record your own demos using drum machines, Guitar Pro, Logic, Cubase, Audacity etc.
    Decent demos are not hard to make. High quality demos might require a studio for certain things (like drums).
    Airbats-goku gives good advice -- but record labels are not necessary unless you want your record played, or marketed. However you're not at that stage yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone else struggling? [ 25 Answers ]

Hi all. I know that most of us here are going through breakups and I wonder if anyone else has been going through periods of feeling like you are over it one week, then tempted to contact your ex the next week? I am just going through a cycle lately where one minute I will feel that I am over him...

Name of Country Musician [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the blind country singer who sang a song called "Love and War"? He would have been in the era with Johnny Paycheck, Ray Charles, Glen Campbell? Thanks for your input.

Musician boyfriend [ 29 Answers ]

Hello, my boyfriend is a musician and I am seriously considering leaving him because of his job, I am not sure if my decision is rational, I have a self esteem problem which, I have eating disorder which I am getting help for but I still feel very vulnerable and I can not stand the environment I...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

View more questions Search