Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monandjoe333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Water from unknown source in basement
    The basement was finished already when we moved in but we were not happy with the way it looked so we decided to redo it. Upon removing the paneling from the walls we found that the concrete had not been waterproofed. So far we had not found any leakage or water damage (lucky). We waterproofed the walls with sealant paint. We have just started the third room (which, oddly enough, had been sealed) and have found that small amount of water is gathering in the wall/floor joint. The walls are dry and we can not see where the source of this water is coming from. Does anyone have any ideas on the source of this water and what do we need to do to fix the problem. Oh, we also noticed some mold in one of the corners of the room.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find the source of an intermittent sewer smell in a basement? [ 0 Answers ]

My basement bathroom, in a 60 year old house, has started to have intermittent sewer smells. The smells permeate the house if not vented out basement windows. All drains flow fine, no backups. The usual things have been looked at: traps are full, roof vents are not blocked, basement toilet has...

Unknown source of clear water in basement when rain [ 5 Answers ]

In the last few years, I have noticed there is clear water showing up on the floor of my base at around two coners near the front. It ONLY occurs when it rains or I water the lawn too much. There is no crack anywhere (wall and floor) and it is a mysterious as where the clear water comes from. My...

Decreased Water Pressure when more than one water source is ON - Affects whole house [ 6 Answers ]

When any water source is turned on IN the house, all other water sources have DRASTICALLY decreased pressure until the first source is turned off. This happens throughout the house. For example, you are getting water via the refrigerator water and someone starts washing their hands in the...

Please help - source of smell in basement? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am new to this board and would appreciate your help. We have had a bad sewer smell come and go from our basement - and the smell comes up into the rest of the house. We use the bathroom down there daily, so it's not a case of dried up p-traps, or whatever, and the smell is not in the...

Popups from an unknown source [ 35 Answers ]

I keep getting these popup ads that start with a URL that includes "documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp" and then changes to the ad's URL. I've noticed it also creates folders labeled DlfnTmp1, DlfnTmp2, etc. in the documentsandsettings/localsettings/temp folder. I can't figure out what's...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.