Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mostlyh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 07:24 AM
    Honda mechanic accord vsa light on
    Honda Accord 2.2 I-ctdi 2005 car seems to stutter in delivering power, after a while the VSA light comes on and engine cuts right down in power (presumably VSA telling cylinders to cut out) and will only go at about 1,000 revs. If I switch off ignition and back on it may run OK for little while but once it starts happening it on a journey it recurs quickly check engine light comes on etc. It doesn't seem to make much difference if I disable the VSA by pressing the VSA switch. If I carry on driving whilst the VSA, And check engine light are on it sometimes starts accelerating back up as if the cruise control has been set.

Wary of a large bill for a new VSA - my local non-Honda garage (nearest Honda dealer some distance away and not known to me) thinks the VSA isn't the issue and I am concerned about a big bill. What advice?

Check out some similar questions!

Check Engine Light and Oil Light Comes On On My Honda Accord 1995 [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Honda Accord and both my check engine light and oil light are coming on. The car started over heating so I checked the radiator coolant and that was fine. I also checked the oil and that was full. A few days later the oil light started coming on and now the check engine light is on. ...

99 Honda accord no parking lights or dashboard background light + SRS Light on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I believe a problematic bulb caused a short in my car's Electrical system. The reason I say this, is that the following Problems have come up since I used the trailer... 1. SRS light is now on 2. The light that illuminates the spedometer, RPM's, and gas (background light) doesn't...

91 Honda Accord S light [ 3 Answers ]

I haved a 91 Honda Accord and it starts fine at times. Once the car runs for about 15-20 minutes and I shut it off. It will not start back up immediately. S light under water temperature gauge flashes. If I spray starter fluid in breather it will start up. Otherwise I have to let it sit for ab out...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.