Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glotell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Collections law suit.
    I reside in Washington state and I was sharing a home with my brother, I had informed the light company I was moving and that my brother would be calling to have the power changed to his name, evidently this never happened and now I'm being sued for not paying. The light is now changed from my name but not before the big bill that was left ( my brother still lives there) I have been living in a different county for the past 4 yrs, ( the bill in question is from 11/2011-02/2012) what are my chances of fighting and winning this if I prove I didn't live there during the dates in question?

Check out some similar questions!

NY Collections law [ 5 Answers ]

What is the document trail that would lead to a Default Judgment in NY? I would just like to know.

Law Suit [ 7 Answers ]

I am being sued by a third party debt buyer. The affidavit has a difference account number on it, The original company that issued the credit card is not on it. I have answered the summons (which is the first I heard of this company) and no court date on summons, three weeks later I received a...

Collections/Law Firm Civil Case [ 6 Answers ]

I am so glad to have found this forumn, as I don't know too much about what steps to take and what to do. Yesterday I was served with Court papers by a process server, for a Limited Civil Case, for Other contracted collections, for the amount said originally owed of $1,029.01 interest of 94.44...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.