Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thesmiths46901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
    What is the statute of limitations for check fraud
    My husband and I filed for divorce and bankruptcy at the same time. The divorce was final before the bankruptcy was. I filed my taxes that year, as divorced and separate from my ex husbands. My refund was to go to my bank account, and the bankruptcy court stopped the payment, took out of the refund what it wanted for debtors, and then refunded the remainder in my name as well as my ex-husbands. The check came to me, at my address, in both our names. I live in Indiana, he lives 5 hours away in Illinois. He told me rather than make the trip to have him sign it, to sign for him. I did so, because at the time we were on very cordial terms. Now, almost 2 years later, he is saying that if I take him back to adjust child support from the rate of 71 per week that he was to pay while he was on unemployment of 300 per week to his current (for the last 16 months) amount of 3,000 per week, that he will prosecute me for signing his name on the check. Can he do this? What will happen to me if he does?

Check out some similar questions!

Indiana statute of limitations check fraud [ 5 Answers ]

My sister was hired as a live in care taker by the son of a man who died nearly three years ago. The son gave her checks which never cleared and he still owes her several thousand dollars. The son has since moved to another state. Does my sister have any recourse?

Statute of limitations in Florida on personal check bank fraud? [ 6 Answers ]

Someone fraudlently forged my signature and the bank paid the amount without checking for my signature card . What is the statue of limitation to bring action against the bank

Statute of Limitations for Check Fraud in 4 different states. [ 2 Answers ]

A close friend of mine wrote fraudulent checks in several U.S. states in 1997 and 1998; most of these checks were under a few hundred dollars. The total was under $5000 for all states. In 1998 he was arrested in one of the states for one of the checks which was under $200; He posted bail...

Statute of limitations on check fraud [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 yrs ago, my girlfriends brother came to me and asked me to deposit a check for $3500 into my bank account, because he just moved back to town, and that was his final paycheck from his old job. I then deposited the check, and after it cleared, withdrew the funds, and paid his money to him. ...

Statute of limitations for fraud [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations for charging someone with fraud. A person gave some money to someone to invest in a specific, agreed upon manner and then found out that the money was used for something else entirely and ultimately most of the money was lost. There is a promisary note signed by...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.