Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Air conditioning
    How do I calculate how many tons of A/C I need to cool a house. I don't want the contractor to rip me off
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 07:12 PM
    If you don't trust him why use him. If I had a dime for every home owner that told me the size unit that they need I would be rich. Its called a load calculation. It will tell you the size of heat or air you need for your area.(How many windows,R- value in the walls and attic,square feet of the home,so on and so on... )
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Sorry jimmy1 for getting on the soap box. Rule of thumb and not accurate .08 to 1 cfm per square foot, depends on location.
    MCC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 04:38 PM
    1 ton of refrigeration will take care of 500 sq ft. with 8 ft ceilings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

Age of equipment, best you can tell... 10yrs Brand (Manufacturer)... nordyne.. intertherm Efficiency... see here Air conditioner... Package unit split system, (furnace inside A/C outside)... What does it do? Not do? It blows a little bit, but the air is like a vent not cool. W e...

Air Conditioning [ 7 Answers ]

You should have 5 wires running to the outside unit. 2 big heavy, insulated ones plus a ground from the breaker outside by the unit, and a couple of little insulated ones coming out from the furnace. With the thermostat calling for cooling, the big ones should have 240 V between them and the...

View more questions Search