Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brave64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Paranormal occurrences in my home!
    We bought our home in 2004 in California. When we viewed the home before purchase, it was undergoing some repairs by the owner, who had bought it after it had been vacant for about a year, as an investment. He had to replace all the doors (which obviously had been kicked in because of the damage to the door jams and surrounding wall area near the door knobs) and most of the windows in the house, and many large sections of the drywall, flooring and ceilings. We found out only after purchasing and living in the house that there had been some very tragic and violent occurrences in the house by previous tentants. One thing in particular that myself and my kids noticed that bothered us is the carving in the garage wall saying, "HELP ME". Many months after living there, a next door neighbor (who is a quiet reclusive elderly man) slipped up and mentioned in a conversation that he was "happy to have good neighbors and didn't have to worry about the cops surrounding the house at all hours of the night and day....and especially SWAT team helicopters and SWAT team officers dropping down from it and surrounding the house." He said law enforcement were very secretive about the occurrences. No mention of it was ever in the small, quiet, family-oriented town's weekly newspaper, and the police refused to tell the neighbors anything about the incedents. It was all covered up and "hushed".

Since we had been unaware of these things when we purchased the house, that did not deter us from buying the cute, country-looking 2 story home. Only later on having heard different things from the neighbors and putting a few pieces of the "PUZZLE" together, did we start to wonder what had occurred in our home, but we didn't dwell on it. We are not supersticious people, and we are Bible-believing Christians who pray, go to church, and lead normal lives. About 2 months after we moved into our home, a neighborhood boy who's parents had rented the house directly across the street from our house, who was about 10 years old told my 8 year old daughter that he had seen police and ambulance and fire trucks come to our house (the year before we bought it), and had seen an ambulance carry away a person (or persons... the boy was unsure because his parents would not let him see anything more) covered up on a gurney. His parents told him that someone had died there. They also said the Police had taken someone else away in a police car. Other police were at the house for days afterward. Soon, no one lived there anymore, and the house was left vacant... until a man purchased the house a year later and began the repairs to it... and then we came along.

We loved the house and felt very happy and comfortable there at first, but we all started noticing very strange things happening in the house. At all times of night or day, year round (just to rule out creaking and settling in the building materials of the house), we heard, saw, smelled, and felt many disturbing things, including footsteps walking the length of the uptairs while we were all downstairs. We all heard it, so there was no mistaking the sound. When we checked it out, there was no one there, and we had all been downstairs together when we all stopped what we were doing when we heard it. Lights in the house would go on by themselves. Doors that had been closed and locked were opened. Open doors would close. On several occasions, different family members felt a terrifying presence "breathing" down their necks... I felt it too, so I know what my kids were talking about when they described it. All family members complained on occasion of terrifying and strange nightmares, but when ever we went somewhere else for a vacation, or visit to another place, the nightmares would not occur... but would resume as soon as we got home. Many times, several family members at a time would come rushing out of a room terrified of something they had seen, heard, smelled or felt. Dark, misty, shadowy figures of all shapes and sizes have been seen in the house, and many times by more than one person at the same time... sometimes by the entire family, not just at night,but in broad daylight. Several of my kids woke in terror in the middle of the night and complained of something sitting on their bed, pushing on their chest so they couldn't move or breathe.

Its obvious some strange activity must have occurred in the house by the previous tenants because of reports by the neighbors and by all the damage to the house, which had not been vandalized after it was abandoned, according to neighbors. The damage had been done during domestic problems and police and SWAT incedents. Is there any way to really find out WHAT happened in our home, who died, etc? Was one of the previous tenants terribly mentally disturbed, insane,. or even worse... demonically possesed? Was there and exorcism that left demonic "residue" in our house? Is it possible that spirits or ghosts or demonic forces remain in our home? Should we move? Should we tell the next owners? PLEASE HELP US!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
    If you do have spirits, you don't need to be afraid of them. It is a rare occurrence to be hurt by a spirit (unless you are in the movies!). You can light a white candle and tell the spirits that they need to go to the light. If they are there, they are lost souls and need to be told that they don't live there anymore and they can go to Christ.

As for the history of the home and what went on there... you can do searches at the town hall to find the names of previous homeowners. I would then do searches online to see if you can find any other information. If your town has a library, you may get information there. Talk to a librarian. Even if you have heard that nothing was in the newspaper I would still check out old issues of your local paper.

I doubt that there is a demonic presence and I highly doubt that there was an exorcism. My guess is that there may have been drugs involved. I don't think you will have to move. Just speak to the spirits and let them know that they have died and need to move on.

Good luck!

Didi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Actually what you are mentioning is more common than you would believe.
    krissymarie Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Say a prayer for these lost souls. Tell them that they need to go to the Lord so that they can finally be at peace. Say the Lord's Prayer with your children every night. If that doesn't work, get a priest to pray with you in your home and to bless your house.
    silentwind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brave64
    We bought our home in 2004 in California. When we viewed the home before purchase, it was undergoing some repairs by the owner, who had bought it after it had been vacant for about a year, as an investment. He had to replace all the doors (which obviously had been kicked in because of the damage to the door jams and surrounding wall area near the door knobs) and most of the windows in the house, and many large sections of the drywall, flooring and ceilings. We found out only after puchasing and living in the house that there had been some very tragic and violent occurrences in the house by previous tentants. One thing in particular that myself and my kids noticed that bothered us is the carving in the garage wall saying, "HELP ME". Many months after living there, a next door neighbor (who is a quiet reclusive elderly man) slipped up and mentioned in a conversation that he was "happy to have good neighbors and didn't have to worry about the cops surrounding the house at all hours of the night and day....and especially SWAT team helicopters and SWAT team officers dropping down from it and surrounding the house." He said law enforcement were very secretive about the occurrences. No mention of it was ever in the small, quiet, family-oriented town's weekly newspaper, and the police refused to tell the neighbors anything about the incedents. It was all covered up and "hushed".

Since we had been unaware of these things when we purchased the house, that did not deter us from buying the cute, country-looking 2 story home. Only later on having heard different things from the neighbors and putting a few pieces of the "PUZZLE" together, did we start to wonder what had occurred in our home, but we didn't dwell on it. We are not supersticious people, and we are Bible-believing Christians who pray, go to church, and lead normal lives. About 2 months after we moved into our home, a neighborhood boy who's parents had rented the house directly across the street from our house, who was about 10 years old told my 8 year old daughter that he had seen police and ambulance and fire trucks come to our house (the year before we bought it), and had seen an ambulance carry away a person (or persons...the boy was unsure because his parents would not let him see anything more) covered up on a gurney. His parents told him that someone had died there. They also said the Police had taken someone else away in a police car. Other police were at the house for days afterward. Soon, no one lived there anymore, and the house was left vacant...until a man purchased the house a year later and began the repairs to it...and then we came along.

We loved the house and felt very happy and comfortable there at first, but we all started noticing very strange things happening in the house. At all times of night or day, year round (just to rule out creaking and settling in the building materials of the house), we heard, saw, smelled, and felt many disturbing things, including footsteps walking the length of the uptairs while we were all downstairs. We all heard it, so there was no mistaking the sound. When we checked it out, there was no one there, and we had all been downstairs together when we all stopped what we were doing when we heard it. Lights in the house would go on by themselves. Doors that had been closed and locked were opened. Open doors would close. On several occasions, different family members felt a terrifying presence "breathing" down their necks...I felt it too, so I know what my kids were talking about when they described it. All family members complained on occassion of terrifying and strange nightmares, but when ever we went somewhere else for a vacation, or visit to another place, the nightmares would not occur...but would resume as soon as we got home. Many times, several family members at a time would come rushing out of a room terrified of something they had seen, heard, smelled or felt. Dark, misty, shadowy figures of all shapes and sizes have been seen in the house, and many times by more than one person at the same time....sometimes by the entire family, not just at night,but in broad daylight. Several of my kids woke in terror in the middle of the night and complained of something sitting on their bed, pushing on their chest so they couldn't move or breathe.

Its obvious some strange activity must have occurred in the house by the previous tenants because of reports by the neighbors and by all the damage to the house, which had not been vandalized after it was abandoned, according to neighbors. The damage had been done during domestic problems and police and SWAT incedents. Is there any way to really find out WHAT happened in our home, who died, etc? Was one of the previous tenants terribly mentally disturbed, insane,...or even worse...demonically possesed? Was there and exorcism that left demonic "residue" in our house? Is it possible that spirits or ghosts or demonic forces remain in our home? Should we move? Should we tell the next owners? PLEASE HELP US!
    You know that you are always able to heal everyone and even troubled Spirits that are here and even your beloved people who have died. Maybe you may not able to heal people physically, but you sure can transmit that Loving presence to them.
    This is the answer... Love yourself and everyone around, sounds easy, maybe...
    Listen to the Wind it comes and goes... Love and forgive yourself and in all your imperfections and Love others and forgive their imperfections.
    Once you understand this, you will find Peace forever and where ever you go... everywhere! Peace, Love is with you NOW.
    This prayer is between you and God... now be still and listen to the wind as it carries the secret message of Love and Peace. Take a Deep Breath... Peace, Love.
    Love is above you, underneath your feet, all around your body, Light, Love, Silence and Peace.
    Say this: I Love you, you Love me….
    Now you know what Love is; the ALL Pervading Presence of God.
    We all are spirits; you know traveling through time and space.
    This journey I speak is the journey of Love….your 'spirit' journey of Love.

All these words are nothing, only the “Spirit” of Love is your home and solitude.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2008, 05:13 PM
    I have heard that when you are buying a house some states require that the buyers are told if the house had a murder(s) or if it is haunted. Can you try and get more information out of the neighbors?
    JaffIncarnate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 12:00 AM
    One of the last things you'll get is a direct, straightfoward answer to these questions. BUT here it is, and I advise you to write it down:
    1.get dried sage and tie it in a bundle, put a flame to it until it starts to smoulder (it will smell funky, but it must be done) and wave it into every corner of your house, especially the garage.
    2. if you're interested in SPEAKING to the spirit, you must go out and get a widgi board and set it up, do not use until you have stayed awake for 16 hours or more (lack of sleep activates subconcious receptors that make you more prone to contact with the paranormal. Ask basic questions, i.e. name, good or bad, etc. DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTION, THAT TAKES MORE THAN ONE WORD TO ANSWER, OR YOU WILL GET NOTHING!
    3. Call to the spirit, making sure to claim ownership of the house and proclaim the spirit's unwelcome. DO NOT TAUNT A GHOST, DEMANDING A GHOST TO SHOW ITSELF IS LIKE INVOKING THE WRATH OF THE ALMIGHTY!!
    4. If none of this works, find Adam Alaniz in Sandwich, IL on Facebook, he can give you insight into banishing rituals and excorcisms (he is not ordained priest, but I believe his experiences with the paranormal are right up your alley)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal or sleep paralasis? [ 15 Answers ]

There is this problem Ive had since I was 15 years old. It's a problem that seems to occur almost daily especially when Im sleeping and usually happens when I have a dream. Most of the time I dream that I'm a kid running away from home and ill fly away out the window. I swear I can feel myself...

Paranormal Employment [ 30 Answers ]

;) Hi! I was wondering, is there any "paranormal jobs" here in western Michigan available? I mean working in the paranoramal/investigative field that you can get involved in as a job?

Paranormal phenomena [ 14 Answers ]

Hi guys, I need your opinion on a problem which me and my wife are facing in the recent days... Often when I or my wife lay on the bed to sleep something happens and we cannot move our body at all... we cannot move hand, feet, head etc... we feel that we are alive and we feel that we are...

I think my house is haunted! Very strange occurrences! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I think my house is haunted. Lots of things have happened in my house. To name a few: one night the shower came full on in my bathroom and know one had been near it. I came home one night and walked int the door and there was big thck drips of blood all around my house but it didn't go near...

My first Paranormal experience [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Well this is my story. I’m in Cornwall (UK) and there’s a haunted castle called Pengasick castle, apparently one of the most haunted in the UK. They were doing a ghost night there so I went allot with my mum and some friends, its was a good night They decided to do a calling and...

View more questions Search