Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TR2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
    How to close a power window in open position?
    '93 Integra - p/s window is in open position. I am waiting for a new Master Switch for the driver's side because I read that this was common fault w/problems. If this doesn't work, anyone help w/how to jump the motor to close the window? Also, how can I check if motor has gone south on me w/o having to tear the thing apart? Thanks!:confused:
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Got one of those little jumper boxes? Use it as a 12V source to apply power and ground right at the motor connector. Flip it both ways to test up/down motion. You'll at least have to pull the panel off first, but that'll give a chance to see if the regulator is all twisted or something mechanical.
    TR2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Thanks Kitch. Is it safe to assume that the jumper box you refer to is the one used to help you start your car from a dead battery? Just want to make sure we're on the same page before I end up being that guy in the Nitro commercial.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Yes, that's it. It's more safe than trying to find power from another source of your vehicle and possibly causing other problems. :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold air returns-open/close? [ 4 Answers ]

Each one of my bedrooms has two cold air returns. One is located near the floor and has a grill that can be opened & closed. The one located near the ceiling is just a grill. I know hot air rises, cold air is heavier, etc. When should the bottom one be opened or closed-summer/winter seasons? ...

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Open Desktop Shortcut in New Window [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, our real estate multiple list service began using a program that is internet based, which works fine. We also access our county assessor's records on the internet. My problem occurs when I am working in the multiple list and need to check the assessor's records. I have a shortcut on my...

Hard to open and close main water shut-off valve [ 1 Answers ]

I and my wife live in a very cold region. Most of the time I am out of town on project work, my wife also may have to leave for 2-3 days leaving our home unoccupied. Here is the problem, people advised us to close the main water shut-off valve before my wife leaves the house to prevent pipe...

Old wooden window won't close [ 8 Answers ]

I have a wooden window that jams about 6" from the bottom. It seems to jam on the left side and there's a small pile of sawdust in that corner. It doesn't look like the individual sliding parts of the window can be removed. Any advice?

View more questions Search