Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misty4576 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Rabbit and chewing a carrot
    What would cause my rabbit not to be able to chew a small carrot?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 06:02 PM
    Sounds like your rabbits teeth are overgrown. A vet will be able to trim them, and he'll be back to normal.

Just a note, unless a rabbit is given the proper tools, food, and treats, to grind his teeth down, the teeth will grow, and can actually cause your rabbit to die.

A rabbits teeth grow constantly, for their entire life.

Right now a visit to the vet is a must. After that, purchase a grinding stone, timothy hay, and other grinding tools to keep your rabbit in check.

This is due to diet, and lack of materials. Please read up on proper rabbit care.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a firt time rabbit and is a rabbit OK in the weather where I live? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've looked in book and the internet and I've nothing I would like to know if I could keep a rabbit outside in when its warm and then bring him in when its cold because I'm afraid the weather where I live is to cold for him:confused:

Carrot top ! [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was natually blondish brown, about 4 months ago I dyed it black and colored it once a month to keep the black.. 4 weeks ago I tried using a blonding kit to strip the black out.. it turned my hair like an auburn red!! Last weekend I tried using a hair dye called blonde bombshell... it did...

Carrot sticks in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

My son attempted to flush uncooked carrot sticks down the toilet (so he wouldn't have to eat them!) and now the toilet isn't flushing properly. Plunging didn't work to solve the problem. Anything else we should try?

Carrot skin [ 9 Answers ]

I made soup but I forgot to peel my carrots. Is that all right?

Carrot TOP [ 2 Answers ]

I Just dyed my hair "reddish brown" but the top turned out RED/orange (just imagine CarrotTop or Bobo the clown) and the bottom is the correct reddish brown color... my natural color is a medium brown with red undertones. I haven't dyed my hair in over a year, but this has never happened to me...

View more questions Search