Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liliana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Medical assisting
    Is it difficult emotionally to be in medical assisting?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
    I guess it really all depends on quite a number of factors actually. Things like family and support, the department and/or departments you choose to work in, your own personal emotional stability, etc, etc.

If you could give a little more info, I would be glad to help more.
    liliana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Im doing this research and it is based in school so do you know someone who is in the medical assistant and can answer my questions?
    >What are is the risk of being a medical assistant?(what are the complications if you mess up in something)
    >How stressful is it working with the patients?(dealing with them that their fustrated and there talking back to you)
    THANKS FOR HELPING ME!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Well, as I said to you in my PM, I am going for Registered Nurse, but many of the rules remain the same.

For your first question - complications if you mess up something. Lawsuits, malpractice, injury to self or patient. The list is long.

Second question - pt's talking back to you. Happens all the time. They get frustrated with the doctor, so they take it out on the nurse. You have to learn to have a thick skin and strong shoulders to deal with patients who are aggrivated. It can be VERY stressful, that is why it is recommended that if you cannot deal with stress, don't get into medicine.
    ErinRae Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liliana
    Is it difficult emotionally to be in medical assisting?
    Hi liliana-
    I was a care assistant for a Peds Urgent Care center for about six months.
    There were definitely times when it was emotionally difficult. Like the time when a 16 month old came in with a contagious disease and they didn't know if he'd make it through the night. He left our medical facility for a full service hospital. When you pass them on ;you don't know if they'll make it or not and you will probably never know.
    For that job working with patients wasn't as difficult as working with their parents. The parents are freaked that their kid is sick and there's nothing they can do.
    It may or may not help you but I stumbled across a site that give descriptions of careers. Career_Explorer looks like it has a lot of information about allied health careers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you! Would like to get information on the Pituary Gland. Can anyone help?:o

Question about Medical Assisting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I graduated from College in 1994 with an Associates Degree in science, my major, Medical Assisting. Since then I've been home with my kids. I went into a retraining program which included Cardiophlebotomy and a medical assisting techniques class. Now I'm waiting for an internship to...

Medical [ 1 Answers ]

Q-for Thyroglossal Cyst Most Common Site Is A]suprahyoid B]subhyoid C]foramen Caecum

What is the medical term for... [ 1 Answers ]

I have sensitive skin that can easily react to temperature change, heat, stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and sometimes even touch. Red blotches/marks appear on my face, neck, and upper arms. It appears quickly and takes a while for it to go away. It is not anxiety centered, like it used to be. What...

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

I have dental bill of 973.00 which I am being taken to small claims court for. The court is in NJ and I live in PA. Can they garnish my wages because I do not have the full amount to give them? If so how much are they allowed to garnish my wages for and does it show on my credit report?

View more questions Search