Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duckfansparky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Toilet rough in a cement slab
    When roughing in a toilet in a cement slab do you need to leave a groove around the 4" sewer line to let the flange set tight to the cement floor?
    Or do you make sure the foam cap is below the cement a little when pouring?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I usually wrap about four twists of sill seal around the riser, which leaves me about 3/8 of an inch of play when removed after the concrete has been poured and cured.
    Attached Images

doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 03:28 PM
    I usually use a 3" pipe to get to the toilet and a 4" riser and cap it exactly at floor height so the concrete man can skree over my pipe and give me a flat floor then when the time comes I tap out the cap and use a 4" x 3" floor flange and glue it inside.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by duckfansparky
    When roughing in a toilet in a cement slab do you need to leave a groove around the 4" sewer line to let the flange set tight to the cement floor?
    Or do you make sure the foam cap is below the cement a little when pouring?
    In the Tampa Bay area we use a styrofoam closet wrapper that we duct tape around the raiser before the floor's poured. This is simply a piece of styrofoam 4 X 8" around and 3/4" thick that prevents the cement from burying the raiser. Then we just knock out the skim and dig out the styrofoam where we can glue in a regular closet flange. We do not use inside flanges on a slab unless the plumber messed up and forget the wrapper.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me put bathroom on cement slab [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cement floor and I need (have to ) to put a bathroom on it . I have been told I can build a platform and put pluming under it is it possible . I live in country so have septic tank. Thank anyone for their input it will be much appriciated.:)

Drain for shower on cement slab [ 6 Answers ]

I am replacing a shower that was installed on a cement slab. I will probably be using noble company products for the liner etc.. However I need some guidance on the install of drain system. Attached are some pictures of the existing situation... can anyone help suggest something. On some other...

Rough in under slab [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Tom, I am currently renovating my mother’s bathroom; it was very out of date. Here’s my problem, she lives on a slab. I was hoping you might be able to tell me if my changes in the plumbing will work. I have attached two pictures, one of the old plan and one of the proposed plan, I have tried...

Slab Rough-In [ 29 Answers ]

I am embarking a project to remodel a half bath to a full bath on the ground floor of a high ranch. (on slab). After getting a couple estimates on the rough-in plumbing, and seeing that they were more than anticipated, I think I am going to give it a shot. I do most everything….framing, drywall,...

Rough plumbing in a slab [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a tub with a center drain, in the basement of my house. We have done the rough plumbing and will soon pour the slab. My plumber tells me that I can not buy a tub with a center drain because of the slab. Is this true? If not how should I set the rough plumbing.

View more questions Search