Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrislvl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 06:04 AM
    I have replaced the inside of my toilet tank, still hear a trickle every 3-4 flushes
    I have recently replaced everything in the toilet tank and now every 3-4 flushes I hear a trickle of water - not on every flush. I don't know what else to do help!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 06:42 AM
    If you don't have a leak, it may be the flapper, after flushing and flapper drops see if applying a little pressure on the handle helps seat it, if you do this a couple of times and don't hear it, may have just been the flapper.
    Couple of good plumbers here may have good accurate info on the filler.
    chrislvl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 06:51 AM
    I have replaced the flapper and the seal looks good to me. Anything else it could be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 5, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Tonight put some food coloring in the tank, Next morning check the bowl. It should be clear with no color. If you see color you have a flapper or flush valve leak. Let me know what you find. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in toilet tank won't refill after I replaced ball and cock [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced the ball and cock mechinism in my toilet tank with the new "modern" Korky quiet fill valve and flapper. Everything works fine except the water does not refill in the tank unless I manually move the fill valve after flushing. Is there something I should be checking in order to have...

My toilet flushes perfectly; but I can hear water on and then off durng the day [ 4 Answers ]

I've tried nothing. I can hear the water on and then turning off several times during the day.

My toilet flushes fine, but then the tank does not fill back up with water. [ 3 Answers ]

AFter I use the toilet, it flushes fine, but to get the tank to fill back up with water I have to take the lid off the tank and then either push the float down by hand or flip the little switch that is attached to it. I have tried cleaning everything (the rod, float, etc), but that has not help.

Toilet flushes but water coming out to refill tank is dirty? What happened [ 2 Answers ]

Upstairs bathroom: sounded like it was still flushing(water running) went upstairs and no one was in there so I went to flush it but notice water was dirty in the bowl thinking it was my kids I flushed it and it flushed but dirty water still ended up in the bowl... so I looked in tank and there was...

I hear a loud a thumb after toilet flushes [ 2 Answers ]

When the toilet tank finisdes filling after a flush I hear a loud bang which appears to be coming from the cold water pipe within the walls. This occurs when either the upstairs or downstairs toilet is finished flushing and when the tank is finished filling. I thought the thumping may have been a...

View more questions Search