Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andicite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Help disputing medical bills
    My Doctor ordered a heart monitor for me. I went it and was instructed how to use it. I work full time, often in front of customers. If the I was experiencing chest pains I was to push the record button. It would have a loud high pitch 'alarm' and then record my heart for 1 minute. This was impossible to use in front of customers. I tried to use it only at night and at home, but when doing housework, I would hit the button by mistake and scare the children with the alarm. I returned the monitor telling them I couldn't use it and cancelled my follow up appointment. Well, they charged me over $800 dollars for reviewing the recording on the monitor. (if I didn't return the monitor I would have been charged $1000.) I called to dispute the charges, the billing office said I owed it anyway, and wouldn't provide me the number of the person at the heart clinic that insisted the charges were due. Now, what can I do to dispute the charge?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Why do you think you don't owe for the monitor? It appears you did use it.

What am I missing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 05:43 PM
    You had it, so you need to pay for it.

Also of course you COULD use it at work, you choose for silly reasons not to.

You COULD use it at home, kids would get use to it.

You seem not to care for your health and that is your issue and problem, but you had it and used it, so of course you have to pay for the time you were using it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if my ex husband can make me pay for old medical bills on my kids if he has custody of them and has had them for 8 years? He is trying to make me pay for them I am paying my child support and he is sking for more. Also the kids are 18 and15 and would love to move in with me since...

Medical bills [ 3 Answers ]

Divorce decree states that my ex-is supposed to send me medical bills, within ten days. What is the time limit that she has to give me the bills, because she just gave me bills for two years.

Disputing Dr. Bills [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if you can dispute DR. bills with the credit bureaus. I have heard that it is even illegal for it to be on there. Is this true. I have disputed Dr. bills before and they sent me a letter back saying they can't even remove it. Can anyone help me with this question?

Medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my husband was hospitalized and I had out patient surgery. We have good insurance, but between the 2 of us, we have 9 different balances/co-pays coming in to pay in 30 days. We are not able to do this and are currently in bankruptcy. I want to send what I can each month to each...

Medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?

View more questions Search