Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Selina17 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 09:16 PM
    New To All This.. Need Some Help ASAP!
    If me and my boyfriend had protection during intercourse, could I possibly be pregnant after 73 days without my menstrual?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 09:20 PM
    It's possible.

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Jun 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Of course, I have only done one though, its result was a negative.. but I've researched and it states that a pregnancy test is more accurate when showing a positive than a negative.
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Selina17 View Post
    Ofcourse, I have only done one though, its result was a negative.. but I've researched and it states that a pregnancy test is more accurate when showing a positive than a negative.
    Huh?

That makes no sense. A pregnancy test is to determine pregnancy. If it's positive, that means you're pregnant, if it's negative, and you took it correctly, and not too soon, then you're not pregnant.

I don't understand the "a pregnancy test is more accurate when showing a positive than a negative". You won't get a positive unless you're pregnant, so how can a positive be more accurate if you're not pregnant? It can't be positive if you're not pregnant.

Really confused by your statement.

Jun 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
    What I tried to say was, when a pregnancy test shows a positive it basically means that you're pregnant. But when showing a negative it has its level of absoluteness not certain. Meaning you can be or you're not. All this confused me, that's why I wanted to see if any experts here could help me out with a possible suggestion to think straight.
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
    The only suggestion we can give is to try another pregnancy test, or see your doctor for a more accurate blood test.

There's really nothing else anyone can advise.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help asap [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find a diagram to show how to wire three switches in the same room each controlling a different light?

Need help asap please! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing cover work for a teacher and I'm having to teach maths! Not my subject and I have no idea about most of the topics! HELP PLEASE! I don't even know where to start!! Find the gradient of the straight line that passes through the points (3,6) and (-5,-2) and hence find the equation of...

I need help asap [ 21 Answers ]

I'm 39 weeks pregnant 2 days , the baby's still not here yet and my doctor said if he's not here by Wednesday they're going to schedule a day for me to be induced . I'm not dilated but the baby's head is down. I've tried everything, yesterday I did lots and lots of walking , but if the walking...

Need help asap [ 1 Answers ]

Organic Health Co. is an HMO for businesses in the Chicago area. The following account balances appear on the balance sheet of Organic Health Co.: Common stock (300,000 shares authorized), $100 par, $10,000,000; Paid-In Capital in excess of par— common stock, $2,000,000; and Retained earnings,...

View more questions Search