Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caliman66 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Husband adopt daughter/Bio father deceased
    What if the bio is not on the certificate?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2012, 11:31 AM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion, I've moved your question to its own thread.

It doesn't matter if no father is listed on the birth certificate. The court will require that the father be identified and his permission gotten. If he is deceased you may have a problem since you can't prove who the father is.

Consult with your attorney on how to deal with this.

Jun 29, 2012, 11:40 AM
    I should have started with a lawyer before this forum. Ill just piggyback out of this forum. Thanks for nothing

Jun 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Excuse me? Where did the attitude come from? First I help you by moving your post so it can get more help. Then I give you an answer to your question. Finally, ANYONE doing an adoption, whether full or step parent should have the paperwork done by an attorney to protect themselves. With your situation especially an attorney is needed to deal with the fact that no father is listed.

So all I did was try to help you with some goo advice and your way of thanking us is to show some 'tude?? Yeah, with that chip on your shoulder you probably will be better off elsewhere.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    ... If he is deceased you may have a problem since you can't prove who the father is. ...
    I believe it's still possible if you can locate a DNA sample from the alleged father or his known relative.

Jun 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    I believe it's still possible if you can locate a DNA sample from the alleged father or his known relative.
    No question, it is possible. That's why I said "may". But it may require a subpoena to get a sample. But the court is going to ask that the father be identified and might not accept a "he's dead" response.

Jun 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
    AK lawyer Thanks. I will contact a local lawyer for further help. Have a good weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father is deceased. Father listed fled. Husband wants his name put on & to adpt [ 4 Answers ]

"I was 5 months pregnant when I met a man (obviously not the father), and started dating him. He wanted to marry me & raise the baby as it were his own. I married him right before the baby was born. The bio father wanted nothing to do with either of us and came to find out that he had another baby...

How can my husband legally adopt my daughter if the bio father had his rights taken [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 4 years old and will be 5 next month. My husband is the only father that she has known since she was 6 months old because the bio-father had his rights taken away from him because he's a sex offender. We have 2 other children and we want to make it to where she is LEGALLY his as...

I want husband to adopt daughter from drug using bio father! [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my daughter. I know we have to be married before he can do so but I just want to know how to start this process. Her bio father has a huge record been to jail over 10 times for stealing drugs wrecks and also DWI ++more. He's 25 lives with his mom and can't keep a job. He...

My fianc? Wants to adopt my daughter, but her bio father is on the because [ 12 Answers ]

First of all I know there have been a lot of questions like mine posted already but please bare with me anyway. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I am engaged to a wonderful man and we've discussed him legally adopting my 18month daughter, and her getting his last name. She has her...

Can my husband adopt my daughter since the biological father is deceased? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 years old and her biological father just died July 30th. My husband has been in her life for 7 years and I would like him to officially adopt her now. Also, I get social security for her every month so will that stop if my husband adopts?

View more questions Search