Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrazyCracker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 12:52 AM
    What I learned about relationships in the last six months:
    What I learned about relationships in the last six months:

1. Time is needed for anything to grow. It is better to establish a great friendship for friendship is one of the major bonding elements of a relationship. Friendship is the glue that holds the boat together in the storm. By rushing straight into an intimate relationship without this foundation is like building a house made of toothpicks in the Florida Keys during the Hurricane season.

2. Communicate you thoughts, feelings, desires and belief structure to your mate with love kindness and patience. Also compare and contrast these things to search out compatibility for it will save stress and heartache down the road.

3. Stand by your morals, values, beliefs and listen to the warnings from the Holy Spirit. Wavering from such in a fraction can offset the realm of your relationship in major ways.

4. In a relationship if a core issue conflicts in major way with your belief system, address your viewpoint without any controlling action. Do not be overbearing with your beliefs on your mate. If you do you will push them away. If the belief or viewpoint is critical to ones life or value system and an agreement or solution cannot be found, let the relationship go in a peaceful manner no matter the level of pain it may cause to your heart. It is better to let go than carry bitterness and friction in your heart. For these things will not bear good fruits in your life, but will only bring pain suffering and turmoil.

5. If space is needed and requested in a relationship, give it freely with an abundance of patience. Relationships need to have space in them to be able breath. In order for anything to grow in this world it needs space and breathing room. Relationships do not need to be rushed. It’s not the end of the world. The most beautiful things in this world took years to create. Take time to get to know the person you’re dating in all environments such as: family settings, friends or even church. If the person you’re dating makes a drastic life shift give them more space to adapt to the change and to get settled into their new world.

6. If the one you’re in an exclusive relationship with wants to hold on or keep the lines of past romantic interest open. Let her know how you feel in a loving non-demanding patient and gentle way. If she chooses to hold on to these interest after addressing the issue let her go in a gentle manner. For true love deserves not to be scattered and cheaply shared among many, but to be cherished and founded by two under God’s Blessings.

7. Hold your tongue on any bitter word that may be stirring in your heart. Ask God to take the bitterness and issues causing the affect away from your heart. Lay it in His hands. For He has the power to calm the storms of bitterness in our lives if we focus on Him.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 12:28 AM
    These are all tremendous. This ought to be a list that many people see BEFORE they enter a relationship. All are accurate and I really thought number 3 was so true. So many times we let go of our values to please someone else. But if you let go of your values you let go of yourself so it's never going to be good for you in the end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

Things I've learned [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: Yes, I love dispensing all my hard earned info, but I'm here to learn too. You? What have you learned? I'll start: Canadians are all shoplifters. Ok, OK, that's not so... But, something's funny up there... What quirks of humanity have you picked up here? excon

Learned something VERY important tonight... [ 4 Answers ]

Im back... for now, but I learned something that I thought was pretty cool tonight... so I thought I would share. Driving home tonight I was albe to listen to a band that I thought I would NEVER be able to listen to again and ENJOY because of my EX... and I LOVED them again for the 1st time! It was...

Lesson learned [ 3 Answers ]

Many of you that ever read my posts know I used to work with the Justice Dept in a position that was classified Law Enforcement, and work for years within the State of GA as a POST cetified law enforcement officer. Well I had never in all my years ever actually used my own "mace" pepper spray. ...

Relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I feel that I resist leting anyone get close, that I'm better off as a loner, but I want someone to love me. This tendency could be residual effects from a strained Mother-Daughter relationship. What should I do to improve my relationships?

View more questions Search